Well, you would think since my last post was a week and a half ago and I vowed to do more sewing, crafting, etc that I would have something to show you. Not so much. I can't say that I know exactly what has kept me from blogging except maybe not much extra time, so this will be a random post including well, a look into how my mind jumps around during the day.
(I will bullet point this blog since it will be filled with lots of randomness so you can skim it if you would like.)
*Thank you Mr. Exersaucer inventor man! Both of my babies LOVE (loved in Sissy's case) their exersaucer. If someone doesn't have one for their infant, please make sure they get one. You can get so many things (like catching up on blogging) done while your baby is jumping up and down and chewing on everything in sight...which Bubba is doing right now.
*Our new favorite cookie is a Nelda Way-pa (nilla wafer). You should see how fast the baby can eat one of those things. Seriously, I gave him one the other night and 2 minutes later, he was squealing for more. They do kind of frustrate him though because he gets them stuck in the palm of his hand. But, he has figured out if he sucks his thumb, there is enough spit that gets on the cookie to make the taste drain into his mouth. Look, he doesn't care how he gets the food, he just wants it.
*We all LOVE Bible Class! This past Sunday was great. First of all, WB was able to go with us. He has been working since we have started the whole Bible School Boot Camp program and hasn't witnessed the whole shinannigan. Church lasted very long on Sunday for whatever reason and Sissy was asking to go to class about half way through. They have Celebration Station for her age, but the teachers aren't the same every week, so I am not sure if we are ready to be left with strangers yet. I ask her if she wants to go and she says no. Maybe in a couple weeks. I am still kind of afraid to rock the boat too much since everything seems to be going so well. Anyway, since she is free to talk at home anytime she pleases, she will do the same during church, but only when it is really quiet or a serious moment. Last Sunday, I had to change the baby's diaper and she announced...Shew-wee Bubba's diaper stank. Then, a little boy was being baptised and she said...They get in water up there. We will be working on this. Since both of them are in class now, I feel empty going to class with nothing in my hands/arms.
*I have jumped on The Shack bandwagon. I am not one to ride bandwagons (although I did have the Jennifer Anniston haircut in high school), but I needed something non-parental responsibility to read. (And I found it cheap at COSTCO last week) I have heard a lot about it, and so far I like it. It makes you think about things that you know, but probably don't dwell upon in your normal day to day operation of life.
*Do y'all use your bra pocket as much as I do? (told you this would be random)...if you are male, you might want to skip this one. My mom taught me this well and it has come in handy many a time for me. Like today...the babies are both having the runny nose and my shorts don't have pockets, so I have to keep the kleenex in there. Where else would I put them? You never know when someone might be blowing a snot bubble and you need to be prepared at all times. I have been known to forget that I put something in my bra pocket and go to feed the baby for him only to be showered by whatever I was stashing at that moment. It's a great place for money, driver's license, toys you are trying to hide from your kids, you name it. My mom is even known for putting her cell phone in hers. When Sissy was born, mom had her phone in there (on vibrate). We started hearing the vibration but could not find the phone (she couldn't feel it for all of the other stuff she had in there...she didn't want to carry a purse). WB thinks it is odd to put anything in a bra pocket, so he remembered what she had done and was the one to announce to my mom that her boob was ringing. Hilarious! She was so embarrassed!
*I miss working with WB. I use to help him on the weekends and we really had a good time even though it was hot as everything and I would beg him to fire me every afternoon at 2:00 (the hottest part of the day.) I would get my second wind by 4:00 and could sail on through until 9 or 10 pretty easily. I think that is what I miss the most about my pre-babies life. I guess I am still making things grow and bloom, just my kids instead of plants. More rewarding definitley...I just wish WB were able to enjoy it more with us.
*I love nap time! Even though now that I have started an earlier nap time with Sissy, the kids are not asleep at the same time, I still love it. I can get so much done with just 1 awake! (why didn't I know this when I only had 1?)
*I am 2 weeks out of the what's for dinner rut and doing pretty well. I will try to post some recipes (see the above bullet point) when I get a chance. We have had chicken broccoli alfredo, chili, chicken pot pie, homemade sloppy joes, and lots of other things that I am having a hard time remembering right now. WB is glad, let me tell you. We've all probably gained a few pounds.
See...random.
Sisterbug.com is the place to be!!
14 years ago
1 comment:
Hey Mozell Tightwad.....Its been a while since I read your blog, but I enjoyed it. Jay and Coley will be up this weekend. I know yall will have fun.
BM
Post a Comment