Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day...that's exactly what it was here. I got up, made a big breakfast (WB was home for a little bit Mon. morning and he wanted biscuits, gravy, sausage, etc.), made food for a family that had a baby, made lunch and supper for us. Washed 6 loads of laundry and folded 7...not sure where that 7th one came from. Did bookwork/sent out invoices for the business. Paid our own bills (yuck!). Cleaned up dishes about 6 times, cleaned up toys about 23 times, changed 15 diapers, gave 2 baths and one to myself amazingly, kissed 4 booboos, rocked a couple babies, sang "This little light of mine" about 45 times, said "Do you need to go to the corner?" every other breath, and finally went to bed. So, labor day was just like every other day for me!
Sunday night we did get to go to dinner as a family which was nice. We tagged along with WB to Providence School where he has been building their track, softball and baseball fields for the last month. I haven't been able to check on the progress, so it was nice to see. While we were there, we went to dinner and Sissy walked up to the door and said she wanted pizza. (Not sure how she knew we were going Italian) This was Bubba's 2nd time sitting in a high chair at a restaurant. He still grunted at me to feed him faster. No different than home. Then he cried all the way home because it was bed time and he knew he wasn't where he was suppose to be. Since he never cries (that is not an exaggeration) it was nice to know that he can. WB made the comment that he hadn't heard him cry like that since the day he was born. Which is true. This also upset Sissy who kept saying "Bubba's still crying!" just in case we couldn't hear him.
Oh, and since all of you (the 4 people who actually read this thing) have been sitting on the edge of your seats, Sissy did well in Bible Class. It was a big fight to get her there, but she actually sat in her own seat and colored her own picture. I was so proud of her. I am thankful for the lady that held Bubba for me while I took her to class (I guess I had this "Help me" look on my face). I think her name was Kelly. Bubba went to class too...1st time and was so CUTE! He was the good little baby and chewed on everything she gave him. I stayed in there to help because the teacher didn't show up. I am glad he was actually awake for this because I want to start him earlier than Sissy so that maybe we will be able to skip through this not wanting to go to class thing with him.
I have a few other funny things to share, but will have to defer to later. I have bunko at my house next Monday night, so you might not hear from me until that is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog!! It is so cute! I am glad that I will get to keep up with your family a little! We need to get together and let the kids play sometime.