
These are THE easiest things to make. Extremely fast-I made 50 in an hour including clean up! And everyone loves them. There are so many possibilities!

You will need:
Big fat marshmallows (I used a bag and a half...I think there were 32 in the bag)
Almond bark (vanilla or chocolate, depending on the color you want)
Food coloring (if you are using vanilla)
Lollipop sticks - on the Wilton aisle
Sprinkles
something to stand them up in to dry
First, you put the marshmallows on sticks.
Then, you melt the bark in the microwave per the directions.
1 square yields 10 pops
Let it sit for maybe a minute if it's real hot.
Add your desired color to the slightly cooled bark. (This will keep the color from separating)
**The color will get darker when it dries, so make it a little bit lighter than you want.

Set up your work station as so to make it faster.
Then, dip the marshmallow in the bark and sprinkle the sprinkles on it.
I found that it was easier to sprinkle the sprinkles than dip the marshmallow in the sprinkles. I think it made it look better too.

Stand them up to dry. I had to stand mine up in playdoh because that's all I could come up with. It works, but they started falling over when they were dry. You can get Styrofoam squares for pretty cheap...that would work better.

Or, you can get out your flower frog and mini vases that you just remembered you had.
It may take 10 minutes for them to dry-it's fast!

Then, put them out at the party and watch them be gobbled up by kids and adults!
They would also be cute in the mini vases with a ribbon tied around them.
There are so many different ways to do these pops! I am going to make them for Sister's class for Valentine's Day. You could even make red, white, and blue ones for your 4th cookout! Or orange ones with Halloween sprinkles! Or...well you get the idea.
3 comments:
very cute! We made some a couple of weeks ago, the recipe was called smore bites. They were dipped in melted chocolate and then rolled in crumbled graham crackers. So cute and easy!
~Jennifer
I love this tutorial! I'm gonna have to make these!! Yum!
These are really cute and look super easy. Can't wait to try them out and have the kids try them too.
Post a Comment