Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bugs, Nap Woes, and Skating Mamas

A and I took the kids to see the Bugs at the Botanical Gardens last week and play in the water. And it was hot. We went as soon as they opened. And it was hot. And we only stayed about 1 1/2 hours. And it was hot.

The kids with the ladybug...Sister loves ladybugs.


And a big giant ant.

Can I tell y'all how much I despise ants? Any of you who have lived in Auburn know why I am saying this. I think Auburn was built on top of a big, giant ant hill. There was no way you were going to get rid of them. Even people who lived in the top floor of an apartment had 'an ant problem.' I feel that 4 years of living with ants is plenty. And those giant flying roaches that were the size of my child's foot. Please tell me there will be none in Heaven.

Of course Bubba found a puppy dog. And crawled on over to pet him and "Uh, Uh" at him and pulled his tail.


And because it was hot, we didn't do the walking around thing long. And since the children't area doesn't have a speck of shade, we went back to the bubbly rocks at the front.
Here is Sister standing around looking at them.


While Bubba jumped right on in and played.


She finally said "Mommy, did you say that we could get wet?" And, I said "Yes, because it's hot" And here she is getting wet.

She poked her belly out and put some water on it.

And then, there was the hug train on the rock.

And we had fun and it was hot and if we go back, we will hang at the bubbly rocks at the front again.

~

Sister has been in this "I don't want to take a nap." phase. And, this does not go well with the nap nazi (me.) So, we are having a few small little issues.
Last Saturday, she decided to play in her room instead of sleep. I did not know this was happening because I was sewing upstairs and wasn't paying attention to the monitor.
Then I hear what sounded like someone calling Mommy, so I glanced at the monitor and didn't see her in her bed. So, I turn up the volume and hear "Mommy, Mommy. I can't believe it. I need more wipes please!"
This is what I found...

Evidently, all of the 25 babies she sleeps with had pee-pee'd in her bed and they all needed their diapers and clothes changed.

And, speaking of 25 babies...
Last night, I caught a few parts here and there of the Duggars on TLC. Now, I don't normally watch this show because 1)I think they come on when my kids are still up, 2)I don't have a DVR and have to watch shows in 'real time', and 3) I don't like to watch TLC because of the whole Jon & Kate drama. BUT, I was able to catch a few glimpses here and there to get the gist of what was happening.
Here's what I saw...it was one of the kid's birthdays and they were going roller skating for his party. And, evidently Mama Dugger was at one time a roller skating champion. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!
So, they are loading up the van and she is walking around with the latest baby-NURSING HER! Y'all, do you know how hard it is to walk around nursing a baby much less stay covered up? And the baby was even on some kind of pillow under that coverlet. And she was being filmed for national television. ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Give her an award someone.
I had a hard time sitting down nursing my kids covered up so that no one would know what I was doing. So, needless to say, walking around nursing was not a site for national television around here. Unless you are on National Geographic. And live in Africa.
So, with all of that, I was impressed beyond measure and didn't even get to see the part where she showed her killer skating moves. Someone please tell me that she was nursing that baby while skating to "Funky Town."

6 comments:

Alisha said...

Will has been doing the same thing at his nap time! It is driving me crazy because I need that time to keep my sanity! Anyways, what has worked for me the past few days is plain ol' bribery. I tell him he will get 5 big M&M's if he will go to sleep for me. It is working for now but by the time he goes to kindergarten the pot may be more like an ice cream cone, a new bike, or worse yet a new flat screen TV for his room!! : ) JK.. hopefully!

one BleSSed gal! said...

all those babies CRACK.ME.UP!!! the nerve of them all to pee-pee in that sweet girl's bed =)

your update on the duggars had me rolling (but, not on skates). that's what i call real "multi-tasking". i guess after that many booby babies you can figure out tricks like that =)

Amy said...

I hear ya' nap nazi!! My four-year-old still needs one and takes one like a champ, and my two-year-old doesn't (go figure!). I make her stay in her bed for at least an hour. She talks and sings and plays, but at least I get some "me" time. You know, those naps are for mommies as much (or more!) than they are babies!!

brooke said...

This is hilarious!! Caley has done the exact same thing many many times. She lays out all of her babies for a teaching lesson, bath, diaper changing, or whatever! Smart to take a pic of it! Too cute.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I'm with you on the nap thing! Some days my kids do, some days they don't, or some days one or two do while the other(s) don't. Fun! I try to make them stay in bed, but it is VERY, VERY hard to do if they are not sleeping. They are all back there close together and there is too much temptation to play if they're not sleepy. I let mine lay on the couch and watch a video if they don't sleep, but they have to lay down and not bother me. Oh well, there's always some kind of struggle and stage to go through, isn't there? I love the pic of Sissy with her babies on the floor...too cute! :)

Sunny said...

That picture of all of those babies lined out like that is HILARIOUS!!!! And the part about them all pee-peeing in her bed...so funny!