On Saturday, the 6th, we had our Family Fun Party. There was more playing and jumping and eating. This time we grilled hotdogs and hamburgers.

This is Sissy with her cousins from the Honea side. My bro's fam didn't make it because it was my nephew's last ball game of the season. But, Sister keeps reminding me that we will have another party next time they come up here.
There was also more marshmallow pops, which were again a big hit.

Even to great grandmothers.

And this is what it looks like when you put a whole pop in your mouth.

And I served the cupcakes again...and my kids enjoyed them again.


And went back for seconds when he thought no one was looking.

And then Sister got the only thing she wanted for her birthday-A WATER GUN!

Which led to this...


Yes, that is a GROWN MAN shooting the kids with a water gun. It's my Uncle Kenny. He was always like a big brother to us when we were little. I was no way surprised when he was the first to pick up the water guns and start filling them up. He is really good at teaching kids things their parents might not want them to know. And, we love him!
So, the birthdays were fun and I am so glad they are over for a while!!!
Oh, 1 more thing...I don't think I said anything about this when it was Bubba's birthday, but I tried to come up with some sort of memento for the kids to have from their birthday each year. So, they have this book...

And every year, I pick a page somewhere in the book and write a little note to them on their birthday. WB does the same. Do y'all have a birthday tradition?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That following Monday was our 7th wedding anniversary. So, we all went out to eat a lot later than we expected because WB was held over at work (happens every time!!) So, we spent some time trying on our "guy-gles."

We went to a local restaurant because Sister wanted to "ride the rhinosaurus"

and decided it would be the last time we would visit that establishment. I will not go into great detail, but we were paid the following compliment by our waiter who we will kindly refer to as Player #2.
"Your son is so cute. He is a boy, right? He's gonna make y'all early grandparents."
Nice.
So, as some of you know that only leaves us with mexican, chinese, mexican, mexican, and chinese to eat if we want to go out close. And since WB will not eat 'nese, you see why we eat at home a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, the winner of the Handmade Giveaway #2- the wallet is
#3
Hillary!!!
Email me sisterbug@bellsouth(dot)net and send me your address! I will mail it on over to ya!
Now for the FINAL Handmade Giveaway #3-
Do you know what this is??

It's a jewelry pouch-

It has 4 small pockets for rings & earrings and 2 large pockets for those cute chunky necklaces everyone wears.

There is more room on top of the pockets to pile in whatever jewelry you might need to take on your little trip. Just pull the strings and tie it up!
You have until Friday at 10 PM to comment...
13 comments:
Love the jewelry pouch! Cute! I know you're glad the birthdays are behind you for a while...they're lots of fun, but tiring, too. :)
Player #2's comment was pretty funny. Not to you, I know...but made me laugh! :) And I wouldn't forsake the restaurant just b/c of that--if the food was bad then don't go back. If the food was good, then just ask to try Player #3's section next time! :)
i have never seen that book, and now must run get it for sister. and you KNOW you have a partner whenever you are ready for some 'nese!!
Birthdays are SO fun, yet SO exhausting for Mom! I wonder if Player #2 made his mom an early granmother?? What people will say!
I love the jewelry pouch!!
Erin
erin0312@mchsi.com
the book is such a great b-day tradition...leave it to you, creative friend!
LOVE the jewelry roll...used to have one long ago, but i guess it got lost in one of my dozen moves! but mine wasn't nearly as cute =)
Cute jewelry pouch! Add me to the drawing.
Amy
My daughter would love the jewelry pouch!
Love the pouch! Enter me..Sonya!
Sonya0809@mchsi.com
WOW - I love it!!!
Sign me up!
Amber
Brewer0623@comcast.net
I cannot believe I missed your other giveaways, Crafy. And I almost missed this one. Sign me up for the drawing. And I'll get with you on getting the shirts. -Caty
Love it... include me in the drawing :)
Hate that I'm too late for the drawing and that I was out of town to officially say WHHOOOPP WHHOOOPP for winning! I'm so excited!
And that rhinocerous looks pretty sneaky... too cute!
Post a Comment