Monday, June 15, 2009

Birthday Review and Giveaway #2...and a winner and something else

First things first- here is the long awaited family picture that came in last week. We love both of these so much!
Before you look::I will remind you that this is a scan of the picture and WB looks that he might not be of the same nationality as me, but I assure you that he is.





Now, on to the reason you are here:
The winner of the handmade kitchen towel is-
BECKY!!
Email me your address and I will send it on over.

Please remember that I made all of these things with LOVE for my friends who wade through this blog weekly. Don't look too close because they are not perfect and don't show them to anyone who does sew because they will certainly find fault.

Thanks for participating! The next giveaway is at the bottom of the post.

On to Sister's Friends Birthday Party-

On the Friday after her birthday, we had all of her friends over that she plays with. It turned out to be kind of chilly that day, so it was a nice day for a party in the backyard.
These flowers I picked from my friend Katherine's yard. I have been eyeing these Snowball bushes every year and finally knew her well enough to ask to pick them (instead of stealing them while she was at work). She never picks them for herself. She should. When WB has a minute, I want flower beds along the back of the fence with some of these in there. But, since I am not a paying customer, I am at the bottom of the long list. Maybe 2015.

Our theme this year was polka dots. I thought that would be pretty easy to find. (not unless you want blue and brown) But, it was a lot easier than the Sister's first request-A White Barn Party- and her second? Gorillas. Yes, I know.
Anyway, the kids played and we opened gifts while waiting on the pizza-pepperoni of course to go with the theme. And we ate. I do not have pictures of any of this. I think I was just running around like a chicken. I don't even recall having a conversation with any of the adults at the party either.

Well ok, I remember 1 conversation and it went like this:
Marie- "Did you put Bubba on the table for a reason?"
Me, turning around to see my son sitting on top of the picnic table trying to eat food from the plates left by the other children- "Um, no, I didn't." Or something like that. I am sure it was more like "What are you doing on the table child?!" But, the first one sounded nicer.

Sister wanted cupcakes with sprinkles-which was perfect for the theme (can you imagine what gorillas would look like?)-so I bought 3 different sizes of round sprinkles and made white cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. My cupcakes this year were a 4. I usually pride myself with making great cakes, but this year, I was very disappointed in my ability. The main reason is I went with a different icing-I usually go with buttercream. This icing wasn't creamy or cheesy. But, I don't think the kids cared and maybe the mommys will cut me a little slack.
The marshmallow pops were a hit (they are in the little polka dot buckets that I got at the Hob.) I stuck them down in skittles and M&Ms-I will do something different next time. They didn't stay as straight as I wanted. I will do a marshmallow pop tutorial soon-they are so easy!

The little round things said 3 and Happy Birthday. I made them from this tutorial and used my Martha Stewart circle cutter to cut them out and glue dotted them on a piece of polka dot paper. Then I glued them on a tooth pick. Quick. Sister even helped with the gluing.

Blowing out the candles wasn't that hard since it was windy. I guess I was assisting in the blowing? not sure.


And, of course my children were the messiest ones because we Honeas know how to enjoy some sweets!



And then there was more jumping...


And order taking at the pretend restaurant...


And a final group picture! (without the 2 boys, mine and Allyson's-they did not want their picture made) Do y'all know that most of my friends have multiple girls and no boys? Lucky for Bubba I guess.

They all left with 3 lolipops and a polka dot pinwheel-and a sugar high.

Now on to the next giveaway...

Handmade Giveaway #2- A little wallet



This can be a "binnie" card holder, a quick run out to the Walmart cash and license holder, a credit card holder. Whatever you like. It is constructed with 3 different turquoise and green fabrics and will close with a sparklie button.
I love mine.

Like last time, leave me a comment if you are interested. You have until Wednesday night at 10:00 PM. I will post the winner with the final giveaway and b-day review on Thursday.

18 comments:

Sunny said...

Love, love, love your family picture!

It looks like you all had a great time celebrating. I love the theme! Too cute!

I love that wallet!

one BleSSed gal! said...

those pictures are GREAT...your WB comment cracks me up!

what a fun party...now i see why she & i made lots of play-doh cupcakes with sprinkles last wednesday night =)

LOVE that wallet...must be nice to have talent...i wouldn't know!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

OK. Several things.
1- the family pic is awesome and I wouldn't ask for anyone's green card. Absolutely precious.
2- Love the party story. My little H is like your little man. He is on the table in about 3.2 seconds flat.
3- love the polka dot theme
4- LOVE me some snowball hydrangeas, too! Those are BEAUTIFUL!
5- The wallet is adorable! Please put my name in the hat! It is PRECIOUS!!

Becky said...

i LURVE some white hydrangeas. love em!

picture is awesome.

I WON!! yea!!

cute party. will remember polka dots.

i love that wallet, but seeing as i just won, i shouldn't be greedy, huh? although, i totally want to be.

cmandag said...

The family pictures are very good!! Wait till you see Baylor with some sun and you'll definitely think he's not ours....or at least not mine!!! Cute, cute birthday theme.....too bad I don't have girls.
As usual, love the wallet....great idea!

Tara said...

Kera Ann,

The family picture is beautiful. I still would like to get together to meet your little ones. It's about time. :)

Looks like a great party!

Scotty and his wife had their first on May 23rd. She is precious. I will send you a picture or two.

That wallet is cute! I want my name in the hat for the drawing. :)

Take care,
Tara

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Love the picture of your family! It's so good! :) It looks like ya'll had a fun time celebrating with friends...what a cute theme! I love the wallet...I would love it! :)

Amy said...

LOVE the picture of your family! It is so good (which is not always the case with two little ones :)

AC and LB had such a good time at the party! What a precious picture of all of them. :)

Amy

Marie said...

I was eyeing that just the other day! -Marie

brooke said...

Your family is so cute!! That wallet is adorable...you are very talented!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

The family picture turned out great!!
Wish I had learned to sew from my grandma back when she used to sew all the time, dont know why I didnt!! I love seeing all the new things you've made and that wallet is too cute, I would love to have it!!

Moore Family said...

Love the family picture. You all look beautiful. As Coley would say, Anna and Baby look pretty!

April Clark said...

What a fun party!

Anonymous said...

Your mom's friend Kathy

Anonymous said...

Put me in the drawing...

Sherri Plant

Anonymous said...

Looks like those Vera Wallets!!

Yo Moma

Stacy said...

I was just moseying through your post, trying to get caught up, then I realized the cutest little wallet give away ended Wednesday at ten and I looked down at the clock on my computer and it says 9:55. So I quit reading and started commenting! Hopefully I will get in on time! :)

P.S. Love the family pics!
P.P.S, hopt that P.S did't put me past the time limit! :)

Stacy said...

P.P.P.S. Does the $10 come with it?? :) JK