Each review will have a corresponding giveaway of something small that I recently made. You will have to comment on each post to be entered. Enter all of them or just the one you are interested in...whatever is fine with me.
Here we go.
Sister turned 3 last Wednesday, so on Tuesday night, we started putting together her birthday present from Mimae and Papa. (I don't think I have ever told you, but it is pronounced Mee-may. And Sissy will correct you if you say MiMi, even if you are Mimae and calling yourself MiMi. It is important for us all to use our given Southern Accent.)
Anyway, Sissy told us that she wanted it to be a surprise, so we just got everything out and started putting it together so she could guess as we went.
WB laid it out on the ground and asked her what she thought it was (while jumping on it). She said "It's one of these." Then he showed her a picture of it and asked her again. Her reply "It's this." She still didn't know.

She was really more interested in helping put it together and even used the drill with WB (she has been scared of the noise since she was little)

Finally, we flipped it over and she figured it out! She was so excited! She said "I GOT A WHAMPOLINED!" We let her jump on it even though it was really late-it was almost like she couldn't believe she got one. I think she could jump for hours!
On Wednesday, her birthday, I woke her up to "Happy Birthday" -traditional and Imagination Movers style- and birthday pancakes with smiley faces and candles. She asked for candles for the next 3 mornings!

Here she is showing you that she is 3 because it was too early to talk. She is a morning person just like mommy!

She got a new T-O since her other 2 have big rips in them that she won't let me sew up because "She needs to put her hand in there." I let her pick out a new one...this one has velvet on the back and satin on the front. I want one too!

Then we went to Costco, because who doesn't love to do that on their birthday?! And ran a few other errands to get ready for the parties. We had lunch then early nap because...
That afternoon, WB had to be at work for a training thing and he wanted us to go too since it was Sissy's b-day and he thought she would like to see the fire truck (it was a joint thing with the fire department)
Basically, WB works underground in the big manholes you see in the road. There are underground cables down there for things like the hospital, all of Downtown, commercial buildings, medical buildings, etc. So, in these instances there are totally different and more dangerous things that can go wrong when working underground. Example:if there is some sort of fire, there is no fast way for them to get out of there because the space is so confined...so they were having a session with the fire dept on how to get them out.
This was suppose to last 30-45 minutes. Right. This is what we saw for about an hour...

OOHH! Did you see that? One guy moved his arm and another moved his head!

So, we played in the back of a truck.

And got nasty grocery store feet!

Sister enjoyed a lolipop-as well as every other snack in my bag-it was a long 30 minutes that turned into 2 hours!

And just when they were getting to the "rescue" part, what happened? Sister had to go to the bathroom. Happens every time.
We showed her the fire truck-she cared nothing about it. She only wanted to go down the ladder into the hole where they were doing the demo. We finally left when I ran out of snacks and we had gone through all of the packed activities. Good thing I overpacked! WB had good intentions!
But, we enjoyed the trampoline some more.


Up next: Sissy's "Friends" Birthday Party-
Giveaway #1
This is a birdseye cloth kitchen towel with polka dot fabric and ricrac trim. I have been using mine a lot for drying dishes these days. It is a long one, which means it is perfect for thowing over your shoulder while slaving over the stove.

Post a comment if you want to be in the drawing. I will close this one on Monday, June 15th at 10:00 PM. Winner will be posted with the next Birthday Review and giveaway on Tuesday.
Go forth and comment!
10 comments:
Looks like they both love the new WHAMPOLINED!!! Can't believe AA is already 3....it goes by way too fast!! Can't wait to see the other pics and your cute giveaways.
I love giveaways!! That kitchen cloth is co sute and I would love to win!! The little ladybug jumper is precius too!! You are very talented!
Love the kitchen towel and would love to win! Happy 3rd birthday Audrey Anna! I love the trampoline! My kids' birthday is right behind hers. :)
Love the kitchen towel along with all of your other cute things! I found your blog through Brooke and Anna! I love giveaways!
You put me to shame with all your craftiness!-Is that a word?!-Marie
All your craftiness puts me to shame. Is craftiness a word?!-Marie
I love the pancakes!
I am SO copying those pancakes! Abby's birthday is Monday!
happy birthday AA!! you got what i always wanted and never got...a trampoline!
and you know i'm entering every giveaway you have!!
Happy Birthday sweet girl! It looks like you made her day so special. I love the name Mimae. Too cute! Glad that you all had a great day! I can't wait to see the rest.
I loved what you said about one guy moving his arm and another one moving his head. LOL!
The towel is too cute!
Post a Comment