Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where is Bubba and a new recipe

So the other night I was finishing supper dishes while WB, Sissy, and Bubba were playing in Sissy's room. Evidently, Bubba wasn't really interested in what they were doing because he wandered off. Here is where we found him.


The Carpenter's Song "We've only just begun" is replaying in my head.

Since it's the new year and everyone resolved to eat better, I thought I would give y'all a less fattening cake recipe to try. The other one you can make in March when you have gone and broken your resolution. (You know you're gonna!)
This cake is a Weight Watcher recipe and is only 2 points per serving. Careful not to eat it all in the first night.

1 box of Angel Food cake mix
1 large can (20 oz. maybe) crushed pineapple in juice (not heavy syrup)
1 carton Cool Whip - I use the real stuff because there is a difference in taste

Combine cake mix and pineapple (don't drain pineapple). Pour into an ungreased 13X9 pan or pyrex dish. Bake according to the directions on the box. Serve with cool whip on top.
**This cake will get really brown and you think you are gonna burn it. You're not...well, hopefully anyway. Make sure the center bounces back when you touch it. It won't taste good if it isn't cooked all the way.

1 comment:

CS said...

Ha! I have a few similar pictures from B. Don't worry, this will pass and then Bubba will be jumping off the couch onto his head. If it's not electrocution, it's broken necks you'll be worrying about.
And ha on your comment on my last post. I challenge you, my dear, to a sing-off; although you'll probably win since I now go to a tone-deaf Methodist church. I've lost my harmoniznig ability honed in the CoC. :)