
So Erika tagged me. She is a friend from way back...I miss her since we don't get to see each other at church anymore (she goes where I grew up). Apparently, I am suppose to come up with 5 things I am addicted to. This is hard for me because I don't have a favorite restaurant, drink, food, etc. I am going to have to go a different route...here goes.
I am addicted to
1. Nap Time- Anyone who knows me knows that my kids DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE miss nap!! I will fight you on this one. I do not care what is going on in the world, crisis or not, my babies are going to take a nap. Period. And it will be planned at pretty close to the same time every day. Bubba might miss a good,long morning nap if we have something to do, but come afternoon, he is going down for a long one. If there is ever anything going on, it has to wait until after everyone has had the appropriate nap and I do not apologize for this.
I do not have the luxury of having a hubby that comes home at the same time every night just in time for me to hand the kids over. Meaning, I have them 'babies up to babies down' every day. Therefore, for my sanity, I need the break during the day (even if it is just 20 minutes that they are both down at the same time) in order to be a good mommy.
Now, if you want to come over and field the crying, gnashing of teeth, and screaming in the floor that happens after a nap is missed, be my guest. I am sure there is somewhere I could go. Otherwise, I will take nap time, thank you very much.
2. Our bed- Our bed is the most comfortable thing I have ever slept in. We got our mattresses at COSTCO a few years ago and they are the best. They are one of those S brands (sealy, serta, something) with a small pillow top. Not too soft, but not too firm. They cry for me at night and when I get out of them in the morning. Once topped with 500+ thread count sheets (WB is a sheet snob and will only sleep on soft ones) that have been washed with Costco brand Tide and Costco brand Downy softener, all of my thoughts just melt away. That is until I am awakened by WB's snoring.
3. My babies- I LURVE my kids! I could just pinch them and kiss them and hug them all of the time. I love to hear Sissy sing and talk and be so concerned about her brother after she knocks him in the head with the bathroom door. I love to see Bubba smile and giggle and squeal at the top of his lungs and hear him say Sis Sis. Even though there are times that things get a little hairy, I still could not imagine life without them!
4. My hubby- I love WB so much. He is my support system, my safety net, my best friend. I love it that he calls me at the same time every day (after job #1) to tell me how his day went and what he is up to next (job #2). I love to hear the key pop in the door every time he comes home. And I thank God each day that I hear this because I know that he is safe. I love that he is a provider and am certain that I do not have to worry about our family because no matter what happens, he will always make sure that we are taken care of. I love that I am who he confides in about everything from business decisions, to work issues, to which socks to wear with his khakis. I love that he wears his wedding band all of the time, even though it is dangerous sometimes (high voltage electricity + metal doesn't always mix well), but he does it because I have a thing about people wearing wedding bands when they are married. I am thankful that when I finally got serious about starting a business that he pushed me to do it and is doing everything he can to help me. I also love that he drives me absolutely insane on any given day and there are times that I could turn him over on my knee and wear him out (if he weren't bigger than me). That means that we have a normal relationship and I am thankful for that.
5. Being productive- I cannot just do one thing at a time. If I am watching a movie or TV show, I must be folding laundry, washing dishes, reading a magazine, filing paperwork, or something, at the same time. I can't just sit there and stare at the TV. If I am cooking supper, I also have to be coloring, doing a sticker book, or singing with Sister while playing ball with Bubba. I am not a good idle person.
This all ties into this whole business thing. For the last 3+ years of my life I have been producing either a child or milk for said child (with a few months of producing both simultaneously) and since we are supposedly done (for now) I feel the need to be doing something with my time. That is why I am trying to start my new adventure. So, I guess being productive is my last addiction.
I don't think I am going to tag anyone because this was a hard one. If you wanna do it, go ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment