Thursday, January 15, 2009

Exciting News coming soon!

There is good reason for it being so long since updating! I am in the process of trying to start a new little business!
I have always wanted my own business and the dream has changed so many times over the years. When I was little, I wanted to own a bank. (I think I have told yall about my obsession with hording money and not spending a dime) Then, as I got older, I wanted to have a wedding dress shop or be a wedding planner. After I got married, I realized that I didn't care anything about weddings anymore. So, I settled with WB's landscaping business. I will tell you that this was no way what I had dreamed of, but it has afforded us things (like staying home with the babies) and taught me the ups and downs of owning a business. Through all of the downs, I still wanted more.

So, since WB says no more kids for now, I must do something with myself. (ok, he says no more. I just add the for now because I am not convinced we are done)Therefore, I have purchased all things embroidery machine and will begin to monogram my way to realizing my dream...slowly. I will start out embroidering things people request (anything from outfits to bags to burp cloths to hats). The next step is to purchase bags, etc and begin selling at craft shows. Then, who knows. I would love to have my own retail site one day, if it comes to that. But, if it doesn't, I will be happy to just make enough so that I can be with the kids when they get out of school.

I am working on a dedicated blog for this business and toying around with a few names. In the meantime, if you need something embroidered, please email me - 2honeas{at}bellsouth{dot}net. I will be glad to do it for you! And keep checking in with me for updates!

4 comments:

Sunny said...

How exciting! I'm sure that you've heard of etsy? I know of a lot of people that are trying to get started with this kind of stuff use etsy and do a lot of craft shows. I'm sure that you could take some of your stuff into the specialty stores around town and they would showcase some of your stuff, too. I wish you the best of luck! Can't wait to see your stuff.

becky said...

oh how fun!! hey, look on the left hand column of my page and go to the embroidery RN. she was our NICU nurse with AC and has become a dear friend. i bet if you email her and tell her you know me and i sent ya, she will give you any and every pointer you could want. she embroiders from home and has inventory and a website. there should be a way to email her on her page. she can also help you with designs if and when you are interested. she has a whole site dedicated to her designs.

Stefanie said...

This is exciting news!!! And I am sure that I will become a regular customer. Well that is when Danny starts letting me do a little shopping. I will let you know when start shopping...hopefully it will be soon!!! Good luck on this new adventure.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Yay for you! It's nice to have something all your own...separate and apart from being a mom. I will have to keep you in mind down the road when I need something for the kids or a gift. Can't wait to see the new blog! :)