Monday, September 15, 2008

What I made during nap today


I saw these on Etsy and decided that I could make them myself. And here they are...pumpkins and Minnie Mouse hairbows.

Then, I thought, Hey what about a tiger paw! Do yall think this looks like a tiger paw? Be honest.

And I thought it would be nice for Sissy to put one in her hair so that I could show you what they would look like in. 'No, T.O. wants to wear em. Not Sissy.' So, you will probably never see them in my child's hair. She did carry them around with her all night and wanted to sleep with them. Maybe she likes them.
I had planned to make all of her hairbows and then when she was born, she had very little hair. So, until she was about 10-12 months old, there wasn't enough hair for bows. I still put them in and looking back at pictures, it looks like she had this bow stuck on top of her head because her hair was so light. Now, I am tired of buying hairbows so I am back on the making hairbows kick. Plus, I need some kind of creative outlet and I am procrastinating catching up on 4+ months of bookwork for the business.
I am going to try to fix my sewing machine and get started on some projects since I haven't sewed in 7 months. I want to learn applique...I saw a really cute matching outfit for the kids that I want to try to duplicate. We will see how far I get...stay tuned.

5 comments:

becky said...

well if we lived closer, we could get together and learn. that was my latest thing i wanted to try and have even spent the last week or so looking at applique patterns. i'm about to try to work on some holiday ones since i thought of some easy designs that might not be too hard. look at "the stickler family" on my blogs i read. she is soooo crafty!!

Anonymous said...

Cute bows! I like the AU one. It does look like a tiger paw. I need to learn how to make hair bows too. I know they will get expensive when I have to start buying them!

Sunny said...

Those are just too cute!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Too cute! You're so crafty. :) I sent you a few e-mails about food for the Smiths. I just put you down for the last date that was remaining. Just let me know if that's ok.

Anonymous said...

Kera! I want those pumpkin hairbows! So cute! Wish I lived closer, we could get together and sew/make hairbows.
Janna