Sunday, September 14, 2008

Silly Sunday

It was originally going to be Silly Saturday but then this happened...



and it became Stinkin' Mad Saturday, so I wasn't in a bloggie kinda mood. I will come back to this ridiculousness.

On to the silliness...Sissy decided that she wanted to be creative with her bib at breakfast Saturday morning. She normally doesn't wear a bib anymore, unless she is eating messy food, and she was having 'yogerk' which always seems to get everywhere. This is how she put her bib on. It really made me heehaw and I just realized it may not be as funny to everyone else. Humor Me, OK?


And this is what she HAD to wear to the grocery store that morning too. I promise none of it was my idea! Yes, those are sparkle shoes. We left trails of glitter all around the grocery store.

Bubba was dressed in his AU outfit...he doesn't seem to have an opinion on clothes yet. Luckily. See how silly and fun our day started out?

Then after the gro visit, I decided it would be a great idea to go out to Momma and Daddy's (Aunt Shanie, I used 2 m's just for you). Now, it was 10:30-11-ish and I knew I was on thin ice with Sissy falling asleep in the car. This is something I hate because it is a sure nap spoiler, and naps are my favorite part of the day plus we had church the next day, etc. So, we're riding along pointing out cows and horses and trucks that look like daddy's. I see that I am about to lose her, so we start singing. I am belting out B-I-N-G-O coming up a hill and there he is. So, I slam on the breaks and he immediately turns on the lights. UGH!!! I had no idea what the speed limit was nor what I was going, but I was pretty sure it was not what I was suppose to be doing. I mean, who can drive like a granny and sing B-I-N-G-O? It is definitely an up-tempo song.
So he tells me I am going something way over the speed limit and here's my ticket, blah blah blah. I am so stinkin' mad at myself. I mean, yes, I admit that I do not always go the speed limit. Who even knows what the speed limit is anywhere anymore? I don't have time to be looking for the signs. I have 2 kids in the back to entertain, hand out snacks to, etc. It has been 12 years since I had my last ticket. I guess I am due since I somehow went 4 years to Auburn and 6 1/2 years driving back and forth to Decatur everyday without one. But, now?
Do you know how much it costs to speed? Well, let me tell you, it's not cheap! For 1-25 miles over the limit, it's $155. For over 25, it's $175. I will say that I was going 19 over, so at least I was making the most of my money. I mean, if I were going 5 miles over the limit, I would have been mad that I had to pay what those going 20 over the limit had to pay.
Not that it makes it any better. Now, as most of you know, I am 'Queen of Cheap' and I DO NOT like to spend money. I like to hoard it up in a spot that only I know about just in case we may need it one day. My nickname when I was little was 'Mozell Tightwad' according to my brother because I saved all of my birthday money. When I was a freshman at AU, it was the end of the quarter, so like most other college kids that were living on loans, I was down to nothing but koolaid and ramen noodles. My daddy somehow saw my checking account statement and got mad at me because I didn't have hardly any $ left and I didn't tell them. (I didn't think it was their responsibility to give me money) So, he gave me a 100-dollar-bill for emergencies and do you know that I still have that thing...the exact one. Enough examples of my tightwad-edness?
So the fact that I have to give this $155 to the city or state or whoever makes me want to throw up! Do you know how far I can make $155 go? I would go into great detail here because believe me, I have thought about it...but it makes me so upset that I just don't want to go there anymore.
So, if you get behind a gray maxima, you had better pack a lunch because I will be going to speed limit from now on. Sorry.
What did WB say about all of this when I called him crying? 'Well, just start driving slower. I'm sure my turn is next.' Not the reaction I was expecting, but I am thankful he wasn't mad at me. He has had 2 tickets in the 7 short years we've been together. That's probably why he was so nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you got a ticket. That would make me sick too! I am also a little tight with my money and would hate to give it up just because I was singing to my kids in the car! There should be a clause in the speeding ticket laws that say if you have children under the age of 2 in your car you get off with a stern warning. It's not like you are trying to be reckless!

I am glad that your little ones did good at church yesterday. I know that it is such a relief to you.