Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Whew!

You know when you have a big event at your home and you work and prepare for it for a while, then it's over and you feel like you can breathe again...That's how I feel today! My yearly hosting of bunko was last night and I am so glad it is over. Don't get me wrong...I love having people over. It is just a lot of work to have those things, especially with 2 kids and a hubby that works all of the time (23 hours straight yesterday). But, I did it...and my mom helped with the kiddos. And I must say that I am glad it is not my turn again until 12 months from now! (Which will fly by I am sure!)
Bubba (or Butter as Sissy now calls him) is getting so big y'all! He is jumping so high in anything that he can stand up in. He is wanting to eat everything...which is why he is trying to get 3 teeth at the same time. I think he is tired of the purees I am making him so he thinks if he gets more teeth that I will give him real food. I do find myself giving him stuff I would have never let Sissy have at 7 months. Not table food per say, but he is having Ritz crackers and things just to get him through until I can get his food ready. He fusses if he is in the high chair and nothing edible is in front of him. But, don't you dare sit at the table without him. I have a feeling he is going to be like my brother. I swear he has a tapeworm (I am sure that is not how you spell it) He can eat 6 meals a day and still have to eat a bowl of cereal before going to bed or he will get hungry during the night. And he's skinny too...let's hope Bubba has his metabolism. Mine and WB's don't work that way!
Sissy is Miss Chatter Box...and BOSSY! I don't know who she would have taken that after :) We were at my mom's last week and my grandmother has been staying there since she had her stroke. Well, she has a lady Ms. Norma (or Ms. Nora per the Sis) that stays with her during the day. Sissy was shy around her for the first hour-normal behavior with anyone- but then all of the sudden she decided that she needed to order her around. Ms. Nora, that's too loud...Ms. Nora get in kitchen...Ms. Nora push me in. We are working on please and she does say it pretty good, but not every time. What a mess. Everything is a song now too...she loves to sing Jesus Loves Me, Happy B-day, Light (this little light of mine), The Blessing has to be sung at meals, Bingo, BIBLE, etc. She even sings her sentences sometimes. And, her step stool has become her new best friend. She has realized that she can reach so many more things while standing on it and the TV in our room is her favorite thing to turn on. So, needless to say, she is busy.
Oh, and as for Bible Class...she cried all the way there, but just a small cry, not the normal throw my head back and scream as if someone were kidnapping me. Then she locked on to me until I got out of there. I didn't stick around to see how long it lasted, but when we picked her up, her eyes were not red, her hair was dry and she looked like a normal child being picked up from Bible Class (instead of one that cried the whole 45 minutes)and she was sitting in a chair looking at a book. So, I am crossing my fingers that she will soon be able to walk down the hall and into the room with no tears flowing from her eyes. That will probably happen just in time for the teachers to change.
Here are a few pics of the kids just in case you haven't seen enough of them lately. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your bunko is over. I know that I am always relived when my turn is over. It's always fun but a lot of hard work.

Your pictures are so cute! I love the one of them sitting on the bed together. They look so comfy.

I am up for a reunion! We need to catch up sometime!