Friday, September 5, 2008

Biscuit's Backyard

So, I lied. I am posting today even though I said it would be after Monday. I have a lot of things floating in my head right now, but will save that for another time. I wanted to get this out while all of the sweet memories are still fresh in my noggin.

Today we went to EarlyWorks Museum with Allyson and her twins, Brooks and Isabella (or I-bella, as Sissy says. It use to be I-bawda, so we are getting closer) The kids had the best time as you can see by the pictures. I will narrate them, then give my tips (like I did with the Botanical Gardens) just in case anyone wants my 2 cents. Also, there is not even 1 picture of anyone looking at the camera, and if they are, their eyes are shut. Part of it is due to my camera being slow and the other is the fact that they are all 2-ish.
Our attempt at a group picture. It never works for us.

This is Sissy with the banjo...the instrument she just kept going to. Almost like she was drawn to it, like she knew her momma use to play the banjo. Notice the emphasis on use to.



Here is my girl at the cash register. She loved it. This is hereditary too...I wanted a cash register when I was little, but my parents would only buy me a adding machine with tape. My friend Emily (that took our pictures) got a real one from Sam's...I didn't. I was so deprived! I still want one. Seriously. But I want real money going in it.




As you can see, they had so much fun. They only left because we told them it was time to eat lunch. This room was for toddlers up to age 5 or so. Bubba was with us, but for some reason, I didn't take his picture. He wanted to run around with Brooks so bad. There is a place for babies to crawl around, but we aren't there yet.
Here are my tips:
1. Go early (same as with the BGs). We got there at 9:30 and there was NO ONE there. Then by 10-10:30 it got really full. They open at 9. That is when we are going next time.
2. They said Thursdays are their slowest days, but it will be picking up due to field trips soon, so go now because it's too early in the year for field trips.
3. Park your stroller where the sign says too even though "That Ugly Mommy," you know the one, will be there. She was there today and she was really yucky to Allyson because her stroller was in her way even though it was parked where it was suppose to be. Then she was rude to the lady she was there with. Bad day or not, put your big girl panties on. Then she decided to nurse her baby in the middle of the barn area...over by the big cow that you can milk. Appropriate place I guess, but not appropriate in the middle of Biscuits Backyard with 12+ kids under 3 running around. Now, don't get me wrong...I breastfeed/fed both of my younguns, but there is such a thing as being discreet. For some reason, there are women that feel that it is their right to whip it out wherever they want. I think that is done just for show and to make people uncomfortable. And it makes us discreet mommies look bad. So look out for this lady.

About Allyson and the kids...A has been a friend since we were in utero (I am a month older than her). Our moms have known each other since 3rd grade (I think) and dads have known each other since before that. Therefore, we know each other pretty well. It is one of those friendships that you can lose years but pick up right where you left off. We are alike, yet different. It's nice to have! So, we get the kids together once a week and they LOVE to play together. It's fun. (The twins are 5 1/2 months younger than Sissy)
Anyway, I will post more later-I hear WB rumbling in the cabinets. I guess I need to feed the poor guy.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

EarlyWorks looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for all of your tips. I have been considering a membership for quite sometime now. That is so great that you were able to get out with your friend. I'm sure that ya'll have a lot of fun together and that is great that your kids are close in age, too.

One time I was out in the mall play area with Joshua and Abby Kate and there was a nursing mother. She had covered herself up, buy Abby Kate decided that she wanted to see the baby. She walked right over and pulled the blanket right off of the mom's shoulder for all to see. I was quite humiliated, but the mom did not really mind! I always tucked myself away in a bathroom or dressing room when I had to nurse my babies out in public.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time. I, like Sunny have been thinking about getting a membership. Since I am nursing Ella Grace (and would be that mommy nursing by the cow because I couldn't leave Will unattended) will have to wait until next year.