


Tuesday was my Daddy's 58th birthday! We had a little celebration on Sunday afternoon and then had dinner at my parent's on Tuesday night. Mamaw D was there and we brought Papaw out as well. It was definitely good for their souls to see the kiddos. Sissy loves to sing Happy Birthday so she was excited to sing for Papa. I think she sang for 5 minutes then blew out his candle.
I love my daddy, y'all! Me and daddy are like peas and carrots. I am still the biggest daddy's girl that has ever walked this earth, let me tell you. And that will definitely NEVER change! Happy B-day Daddy...We Love You lots and lots!!
We also had a mini session of 'Farm School' today. My brother (Uncle Bub) and his oldest Jay came up from Montgomery for the day to pick corn. So, me and the babies went out to ride with them. Sissy and Jay ADORE each other. According to Jay, Sissy is his 'sister cousin' because he has always wanted a sister. And, Sissy will do anything he does...so since she didn't want to ride the combine the other day because it was 'too loud' I thought this might be my only opportunity to get her on there this year. And, it worked! She rode in the 'sleeping spot' with Jay and then didn't want to get off. We ate lunch with them in the field and she thought she was something else. Bubba was his same old laid back self and was looking for something to grab on the combine. When Sissy was his age, it would put her to sleep. He was too busy trying to get it all figured out. Maybe he will be good help for Papa soon...when he isn't landscaping with daddy! Sis called WB and here is how she summed it up for him "I ride Combine...it's bouncy bouncy!"
Jay and Bubba

Uncle Bub, Sissy, and Jay while we were waiting to offload all of the corn on the buggy. Oh, and T.O. wanted to ride too.

Jay showing Sissy where the corn comes in after it's shelled by the combine.

Sissy and her best brother cousin Jay...the 2 blondies of the bunch!
1 comment:
It sounds like you guys had such a fun time with your family. I think it is so neat that your family has a farm. It will be great for your kids to grow up around that. In the pictures I think that "Sissy" looks like your daddy. Do people tell you that a lot?
I'm sorry that you weren't able to find a lot at the sale this time. You will definitely have to work it next time. I plan to check out Kids Market in a few weeks but I'm not planning to work that one. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment