Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The 8 month old...and his sister too

I can't believe my Little Stinker Man is 8 months old already! Well, 8 and some change, but we have been busy with the Fall Funk around here and I just haven't posted lately. Plus, WB is working 4-10's now and has been in sick for a couple days over the past week. This NEVER happens, so I knew he felt bad and needed extra attention on my part. Hopefully we are over it now and are glad to welcome fall to our door! And on top of all of that, I have been without my video monitor for a week. I know, just use a sound monitor and get over it. But, if you have a video, you know that sound is NOT the same. I have seen my babies every sleeping hour of their lives and it makes me feel safe knowing that I can look in on them without having to take the chance on waking them up. And sometimes they wake up from naps and don't make a sound (lucky, I know), so I need to be able to see them. The replacement came via Mr. FedEx today...I can see!!!

Back to the point...
My baby is 8 months which means he is starting the 4th quarter of his 1st year of life. This makes me happy and sad all at the same time. I will spare you the tears and just show you some pictures of the most beautiful little sweet potato ever. No, you can't eat him for dessert! He is mine all mine and I am so lucky! I would go give him a great big kiss right now if he weren't sleeping so good. (I know this because I can see him on the monitor)
This is my big man in his jumpy...he wants to jump and/or stand all of the time now. He almost pulls the door frame off he jumps so high. Those dimples! Look, I know all y'all with little girls want me to keep him away.
He is trying to feed himself now and does really good with big things like crackers and 'Nelda Way-pas.' I have to keep his bowl far away because he will try to grab it and has pulled on the tablecloth many times trying to get the bowl closer to him.
I keep giving him puffs and he gets them all in his hands, but doesn't always get them in his mouth. It makes him so mad. This is how I found him today...with one stuck on his nose! ha
His favorite thing by far is his thumb. Favorite #2 is Louie the Lambie. But, I think he would take mommy over all of the above! He knows who supplies the goods around here. I think he is afraid I might forget to feed him, so he tries to store up as much as possible in his thighs and chins.
A picture of my boys! I am the luckiest girl in the world! I can't thank God enough for my sweet family!

So, what's Sissy been doing? Talking non stop every second she is awake. Seriously. She cracks me up everyday! She knows her colors, most shapes, can count to ten (she says tent), most of the alphabet, sings when she isn't talking, asks for her brother when she gets up (now she too can see him on the monitor...it was even bothering her that we didn't have it). When he cries, she will sing Jesus Loves Me to him and he stops. She is so sweet, yet can drive me crazy all at the same time.
Every morning when we go in to get her, she wants Bubba to watch the aquarium in bed with her. Yesterday, I sat him down and went to get laundry started. I came back to this... I guess she knew he can't swim yet.
This is her 'Silly Face' which she tries to do in all pictures. She is in my shoes and her new favorite shirt...the Auburn shirt from Uncle Bub. She wants to wear it every day. She also thinks all football on TV is Auburn and anything orange automatically goes with blue. (see the outfit below) By the way, orange is her favorite color. Smart girl.
Here she is making cookies, one of her new favorite things to do.
I think she really just likes this...eating the sprinkles out of the container. Since it has been so nice outside over the past week, we have been outside a lot. She loves riding her 'tractor jeep,' bicycle, and going for rides in the wagon with Bubba (who she now calls Bubba Stanka Pot). Notice T.O. likes to ride along. She always makes sure to put on his 'belt-seat'
I love my life!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Your children are precious! I loved looking at your pictures! I hate that you all have been sick. Hopefully this flu season will not be as bad as last.