Monday, October 13, 2008

Sissyisms and other stuff

I thought I would share a few of Sissy's funnies. I think her learning to talk is one of my favorite times because she says something hilarious every day.
We are going through a little scared stage right now. She thinks there are puppy dogs in her room (I am sure it would be monsters if she knew what that was). I am having a hard time convincing her that we do not allow any animals in our house and there will never be puppies in her room. I put more night lights in, gave her a toy that lights up, put the 'teddy bear that watches out for puppies' in her bed, open her closet door for another light, etc...I don't know what else to do. Now she is wanting me to lay down with her, but I can't unless I want to leave the baby unattended for 30+ minutes until she goes to sleep. (He is usually hungry or sleepy himself at her nap time.) And this only happens at nap, so I am wondering if this is just a way to keep from having to take a nap. :(
So, in honor of Sissy finally falling asleep after crying for about 45 minutes in her bed...here are some things to lighten the mood we are sure to have this afternoon.

1. When she sees cows or horses in pastures, she says they are eating a turkey sandwich (her favorite meal)
2. DVDs are Lu-lus and Video cameras are Lulie makers
3. Her cousin Jay says Chica Boom Boom (or something like that...from Alvin and the Chipmunks movie) so Sissy says "Chicken Brownin' Brownin' that what Jay says"
4. Halloween is Halloweena because it sounds like ballerina
5. She says something 'smells like' instead of looks like. Example: That smells like daddy's truck over there (when we pass a blue truck)
6. Anything that stinks, stanks.
7. Football is flitball
8. All meals are lunch
9. When she has used all of the stickers on a page she says 'I ate all my stickers!' 10. She calls most animals by their name, like cows, horses, but frogs are ribbits and rabbits are hops
11. Sometimes when she poots, she says "Oop, there's a ribbit in there!"
12. The other day she elbowed me in the boob pretty hard and I said Ouch, you elbowed me in the boob. She said "Mom, you got Elmo in your boob?"
Just a few...I am trying to keep this all written down in her journal. There are many many more, but I will spare you.

We went to see Papaw last week. It had been a while since I took them by there because the kids had been sick and I didn't want to take any germs to him. Sissy insisted that we take him some animals (animal crackers). Oh...she calls his oxygen "Papaw's breathe." And a few weeks ago, out of the blue, she said "Papaw's ears are broken, mommy. They ring." I think she remembered hearing his hearing aids make noise and was worried about them.
Sissy was sharing with Papaw, but Bubba decided that he would take the cookie from Papaw and eat it himself!



New Hope (where WB grew up) had their Founder's Day this weekend. WB always tries to take some of his tractors because they have a small 'tractor show.' He collects antique John Deere's and has about 6 or 8 or something. It's hard for me to keep up. Anyway, Sissy's tractor (a John Deere 4 Bolt B for anyone who wants to know) won 3rd place and got a 'tro-pee.' Sissy can pick her tractor out from all of the others already. She calls them 'Whackers' and LOVES to ride them...that's my girl! So, this was their little father/daughter gig...and me and the bubs came to get pics. Bubba will be right in the middle of it soon. Then WB can take his tractors and both kids. Won't that be interesting for him?! Just kidding...I will go for moral support and a ridiculously overpriced fresh squeezed lemonade.
Sissy and Daddy with her tropee...she said she wants it displayed in the den (not my first choice) and it has been known to eat lunch with us occasionally.
Sissy is also loving banjo music! It is so crazy! She can pick it out in songs and loves to hear it. At the founder's day, we were not even close to the band and she said "They playing that banjo!" Maybe she will have her daddy and uncle Bub's ability to pick up any instrument and play by ear. Let's hope she doesn't have mommy's 'talent'...I think I have mentioned my banjo playing days before. That's all they deserve...a mention. WB grew up playing piano at the church he went to when he was little. They would sit him on phone books so he could play the piano for the service. He won't play now though. Anyway, I decided to make her a banjo (mine is at mom and daddy's). I know y'all want one for your kids. They are available at my Etsy shop...just kidding. I have been wanting to say that!
And lastly...A few months back I think I said something like "Bubba will be driving a car soon!" Well, here he is. So far, he only knows how to go in reverse. He is getting to be such a Big Boy!

No comments: