Monday, August 4, 2008

The Vacation of 2008

So, I am finally detailing our vacation for you. We usually only get one a year, if we are lucky...the joys of having your own business. This year we decided to do more of a 'stay-cation' or so I thought. Jaaron's time off was to begin on Sat, July 26- my 30th b-day - so Friday morning during breakfast, I heard him come in (he goes in to work really early). He says, Surprise! Get your bags packed. There was happiness and panic coming over me at the same time!! I was excited that we were actually going somewhere, but panicking because I had no idea where, what to pack, who to pack...and when you have kids, there is so much more to packing than for just the 2 of you.
SO, immediately the questions started forming in my mind faster than I could spit them out. Long story short, we went to Guntersville State Lodge...Very nice! My parents went with us to help with the kids and we had a really good time. Here are some pics...

My yummy birthday cake from Edgar's Bakery in B-ham!


Sissy ready to "Pay in Poo!"


They have a nice kiddie pool there...the sprayers were getting worked on when we were there so they didn't work, but she had fun. It started getting too crowded, so we had to go back and play in the bathtub...she thought that was just as fun!


The kids with Mimae and Papa (Sissy is now saying Hoppa for some reason)


There were beautiful views from the decks there. It was a very nice place. We were glad it was close to home because Sissy kept saying "Sissy go home" because she loves her bed so much!

Once we returned, it was time to start on all of the 'projects' that seem to never get done around here. Our fence needed to be stained, so that was WB's big project of the week. It took over 2 days and he still isn't done! Sissy played in the "Poo" in the back yard while he worked. She loves being outside...she just gets sweaty in about 5 minutes that I can never tell if she is sunburned or just hot.



I also got to get a pedicure (thanks Missy B!), have a little party with our friends The McGee's, The Sanders', and The McIntosh's at Rosies, and go all over town with my mom looking for lamps for the new den and go to DogTown to pick up the rest of our furniture! It was action packed and I am tired!

And through all of that, my little baby boy grew up! He has 2 teeth, is 6 months old, eats from a high chair and cries when you don't feed him fast enough. We are working on a sippy cup, if I can keep it away from Sissy long enough. He eats oatmeal, cereal, applesauce, bananas, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots. We are trying broccoli this week. I realized that I hadn't really been pushing the foods when Dr. Horton asked me what all he was eating. I think subconsciously I had been putting that off because even though he was 6 months old I didn't really want him to be. And, as most of you know, I live in 'Denial World' (as WB says) and the motto is "If you ignore it, it isn't real." So, I had been overlooking the fact that he was growing up and needed to learn how to eat other food besides my milk. Sad, I know. I am tearing up now!! So, here he is...in the high chair, eating real food and biting the spoon with his teeth. Next week, he will be driving a car.

No comments: