So, today was THE day. You know, the one that you only pray will never happen to you and when it does, you think "Please don't let anyone remember this!"
WB was working (again) and since we are trying to make Sissy stay in Bible Class without us I must trek on with the kiddos in tow. Last Sunday, we just went to class and not service (which is first) because I didn't think I could do service with the 2 of them by myself. But this morning, I had the bright idea that I would tackle both. So, I said a little prayer that it would go fine (I was doing the right thing you know), called a friend to ask them to save me a seat, and kept repeating to myself 'Everything will go just fine, you can do it.' Plus, Bubba slept late which would have put him awake for Bible Class and I thought how good it would be to have both of them in class at the same time. I also ignored a few warning signs from Sissy...you know, the ones only you as their parent knows could lead to a possible melt down. I was trying to be optimistic. Bad idea.
The first screams happened about 2/3 of the way through church (which she never does) thus the first visit outside. All she could say was 'Ready go bye-bye.' I kept pushing the go to Bible Class part, after all, she did seem to enjoy last week. We went back in, and then had to do this again. She never actually said she did not want to go to Bible class, so I thought we should keep trying since it was the right thing - even though my gut was telling me probably not.
As soon as we started turning the corner to the classroom hallway, she started crying...then we went into the room and she was SCREAMING bloody murder, jumping and landing in a hurkey position (which had pretty good form, BTW), and crying. I had to put Bubba on the floor and try to get her to calm down. Oh yeah, and EVERYONE was looking...EVERYONE. There are about 1500 people in that church and I think all of them were in her class and they all saw it. It's not like you could miss us either...besides the fit that was being thrown, she had on the brightest yellow dress ever made. We could not be missed. I was fighting back the tears, not because she was crying, but because I was humiliated. She never acts like this! It was the most horrible day I have ever had. To make a long story short, we ended up coming home and she went straight to the corner. She also took a 3 1/2 hour nap that I had to wake her from(I am trying to find some justification for this) She even told her daddy that she threw a fit in Bible class. He asked her if she was going to do it again and she said yes. Great. Even though she says yes to everything, part of me believes she probably means it.
Maybe taking T-O with her will help next week. Pray for me!
Sisterbug.com is the place to be!!
14 years ago
3 comments:
Been there, done that. This too shall pass. Keep on keeping on.
Love you...It wasn't YOUR fault you know. Everybody has a bad day...
Awww....I'm so sorry! We had a bad Sunday morning, too...I think lots of kids did from what I heard and saw in the hallways and classrooms. I left church and class exhausted from our morning! I think promoting and changing classes and teachers is really tough on the kids...I know it is on mine. Hang in there! You're not the only one who goes through those times. I know I would've been crying if Ben hadn't been there with me.
Bless your heart! I hate that you had to go through that! I must say that we will all go through it. I always get so upset when everyone looks at ME like I am absolutely crazy when my kids have meltdowns. You are a great mommy getting out there all by yourself. I found it funny that she said that she was going to do it again. Maybe next week will be better for all of the little kiddies and mommies!
Post a Comment