Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sissy Go Bible Class!!

Well, I can say FINALLY Sissy stayed in Bible class all by herself!! We have been dreaming of this day for the past year. And now that Bubba is here, it's a lot harder for me to stay with her (especially on Sunday's that WB works).
We had been talking about it all week and she agreed that she should stay in her own class (but she agrees with almost everything you say, so it really means nothing). Today was the test. She walked in, was really excited, a little boy yelled and it was death grip on my leg. So I stayed in there for another minute or 2 and the teacher just took her. I kept waiting for them to come get me in class, but it never happened. When I went to get her, she was sitting in the teacher's lap with orange sunglasses on and eating Cheerios. She said "Go to Sissy's house!" and was trying to get out the door so fast! They said that she sat in the teacher's lap the whole time and was really good. I have taught class before and I know that you don't necessarily tell everything to the mother who's kid cries, but I hope she was ok.
So, all the way home she was telling me all about it and was so hyper...like she knew she had done something big! She said that she ate Cheerios, sang, colored, and that God made Sissy. God made Sissy's eyes, God made Bubba, etc. She talked all the way home! It was so cute...I am so proud of her! We have been calling everybody so that she can tell them. This is so HUGE for us...y'all know how attached she is to me. So, we will see how she does next Sunday.
Now if only we could master the potty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a big step for Sissy! She is growing up so fast.

Love Brandon