Sissy has 4 loveys that she has to have at all times...Ba Ba, T-O, Neck Baby and Other Neck Baby. It started out with Ba Ba and T-O when she turned 1. They were her constant companions. WB picked out Ba Ba (the lamb) at the Boyd's Bear place in Gatlinburg when I was only 3 months pregnant with her. We got 2 just in case. I won T-O (the pillow) at a silent auction. (I had to go buy another one so that I could switch them out when they got dirty and all I could find in Hsv was a purple one...now that she knows her colors, she knows the difference...that's a whole other post for a later date!)
Then, when she was about 18 months old, she added Neck Baby to the bunch. My mom made dolls when I was little and sold them at craft shows. She found this one laying around her house...no clothes, no hair, etc. So, I started calling it Ugly, Naked Baby (hence Sissy's translation to "Neck Baby") and Sissy would play with him when we were over there. Somehow it ended up at our house (those of you with parents close by know exactly how that happened) and that's the end of that. The other day, mom found another one with clothes and hair...she showed it to Sissy who said "Hair Off, Clothes Off" and refers to it as "Other Neck Baby." (This one has fingers, toes and a belly button...that's how we know the difference)
So, now there are 4. I would say Ba Ba and T-O are the ones she immediately looks to for comfort, but needs all 4 to go to sleep, ride in the car, etc.
T-O's tag started unraveling so I had to sew it back on today. She helped me and said that he wanted his 'Hat' sewed with 'Omage' (orange). He also wanted his picture taken with his new hat...so here he is with his family.

Neck Baby, Ba Ba, Other Neck Baby, and T-O (you can't see the orange thread because I had to shrink the picture)

This is how she usually is when she has them...2 fingers in her mouth, upside-down, toes curled, picking at T-O's tag with the rest of the bunch close by.
I must say, Thank the Lord for T-O and friends! They have really come in handy now that there are 2 babies in the family!
1 comment:
I hope there was no "poo" in the "poo"
Post a Comment