Monday, August 25, 2008

And the Verdict Is...

She stayed in Bible Class! Here's how it went...
I was not alone this Sunday because it rained, so WB did not work landscaping(although they tried to call him in to the Utilities on the way to church...life with a Lineman!) Anyway, church started off a little rocky because Sissy didn't understand why daddy was dropping us off at the door, after all they hadn't seen him in a week or more. After we got over that, we went through church pretty good...almost all the way to the end. I took her to the hall and we reviewed that she would go to Bible Class and she could sit in Ms. Lori's lap. Then we would go get ice cream (bribery!). She said that she wanted pink.
When we got in to class, she no longer wanted ice cream but wanted to go to Mommy's Bible Class. So, I left her screaming, again. When I came back to get her, she was in Ms. Lori's lap and her hair was ringing wet...she had obviously been crying for the whole time, or most of it. Oh well, she was still present.
So later in the afternoon she said 'I ready go to Bible class...no more crying.' Maybe she'll remember that next sunday.
WB keeps reminding me that he was the same way growing up. He went to a private kindergarten in town and when his mom dropped him off, he ran after her car...down the road. That would be like Sissy running after us down Carl T. Jones. And he was 5 and his mom didn't stay home every day with him. So, it's hereditary. Great.
On to Bubba...I haven't posted about him lately because he just hangs out and laughs at Sissy when she does all of this! He is getting one of his Bugs Bunny teeth (the top ones) but seems to be ok with it. He is eating like a little champ and wants to bite everything...even me. Ouch! He is now sitting up like a pro and grabbing everything that is close by. Yesterday, one of his toys was pretty far out in front of him and he was trying to inch over to it. Looks like he will be interested in crawling soon maybe. Then, my life will be busy keeping him out of everything. So now I am enjoying sitting him down somewhere and coming back to him in the spot where I left him.
I also had the kids pic taken a couple of weeks ago and they turned out great! I will try to post some of my faves if Miss Emmie will let me!

No comments: