
For some reason one of the legs looks smaller than the other...I promise it is not that way in real life!
Here is Buddy's Turtle Jon Jon made from a Martha Pullen pattern (in her applique book). This pattern seemed to be short in the stride by about 1/2 inch to 1 inch. Be aware if you make it. Meaning listen to ME and not the ladies at the fabric shop who swear what you have heard about the pattern is wrong.
And, even though Martha "promises" it will only take an hour...she is wrong. Maybe for her since she has sewn for 40 years. Not for me who has sewn on and off for a few years.
It is a more wide & short Jon Jon. Buddy will only wear it 1 season unless he has another growth spurt. I should have gone with my first thought and made a size up.
Here is something I have learned in the past few weeks. I should go with my first thought. I use to be the person who makes a decision in about 5 minutes and then moves on. But, for some reason, this year, I have been more likely to think about things more. Dumb. I am going back to my old self starting right now. No more over thinking for me!
Next week is Sister's 3rd birthday! Her actual birthday is on Wednesday and she has parties on Friday and Saturday. So, I will be busy next week cleaning, making cupcakes, decorating, decorating cupcakes, getting last minute items, cleaning the back patio, praying that it doesn't rain.
I am not sure I will be able to get to the blog that much, but when I return (I mean me in the flesh, not blogger scheduled posts) I will have 3 giveaways just for you! I will be making each one of them and think they are pretty useful items. Hopefully y'all will like them.
Then, I will get back to my fabric pile to get more of sister's outfits made. I love the way the mingo dress turned out and am considering making that pattern into a shirt with ruffle capris. HMMMM...
Are y'all tired of seeing what I sew? You can be honest...or just comment anonymously.
1 comment:
Love seeing finished projects! They are adorable and inspiring. I hope your weather is great this weekend! WOOHOO to the SUN!!! Can't wait to see birthday and more sewing pics!
Post a Comment