Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things I've Learned Thursday

Y'all! We have had the busiest week in a while around here and it's just about to get busier! I think I may have to take a little hiatus on the blogging to get things done and clean my house. My Word! I am not a person to let it go around here...most of you who know me know that is SO true. I was chatting with my friend Marie today, telling her how crazy it's been and how long it's been since I have dusted...and she said 'It must be driving you crazy because of THE WAY YOU ARE.' And I took no offense to that comment because I am THAT way-meaning that I cannot stand a messy house and everything must be put back in it's place as soon as you are done with it and if you sit anything down for more than 5 seconds in my presence it with either be put up or trashed. Just ask WB.
I am a great person to invite to your parties because I will be the person that cleans up while you are having fun. It's just the way I am.
Sister...same way. And her new thing to tell people who come over? "We're not suppose to wear shoes in the house!" But, she only says that if you have your shoes on.

Anyway, so this is a short one and I am WAY behind on things like Mother's Day, planting corn with Papa, etc. But, it will come when I have a moment. (Did I mention that we have 5 birthdays next week? 4 are family)

Right now, I must go and iron our clothes for our pictures, pluck my eyebrows, give the kids a bath, feed them dinner, get everyone dressed, fuss at WB for being late because he is ALWAYS late!, and pray that everyone smiles pretty and that it doesn't rain!

Oh, and the verdict is...Pink dress. I went with the minority and my first choice. Don't you love it when people ask for your advice and then don't take it?!

Things I've Learned Thursday
Spending a little money on your bedroom (only $100 for pillows, bedskirt, and blue coverlet) and adding your initials to a few pillows will make you want to make your bed everyday. And run to get into it every night.


7 comments:

Sunny said...

I love your bedroom! It is so pretty!

I am the EXACT same way about messes! I just cleaned my house this week (and it had been a long time). It was driving me so crazy. There is nothing that makes me feel any better than having a fully clean house.

I can't wait to see your pics and I hope that the rain holds off.

Becky said...

now that paint doesn't look bad like you told me. i think it looks just great with your new buys!! and i'm thinking i will need to get you to make me some monogrammed shams. i'll have to add it to my list of things to look for.

one BleSSed gal! said...

Monograms make everything look better =) My bedspread has a big ol' monogram right in the middle & I love it!!!

Ashley said...

Ok Kera, now your going to have to add monogramed shams to your website to sell! :) They look great!
Ashley

Amy said...

Did you do those shams? I love them!!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

LOVE the new bedding! AWESOME! that would make me want to rush to my bedroom, too! And would you come over and clean my house? I so wish I was like you, but ALAS, my house could win some sort of makeover award... after I cleaned it!!

Alisha said...

I love the colors in your bedroom and the shams really finish off the look. I am thinking that it may be time to change up our bedroom colors but I dread having to make more curtains!