Friday, March 27, 2009

Things I've Learned Thursday - except it's Friday

Y'all this allergy mess is really getting the best of me. Yesterday we traveled to the doctors because Sissy isn't sleeping. And, let me tell you that there is nothing that will interfere with my kid's sleep. Both of them are WONDERFUL sleepers...thanks to Baby Wise which I highly recommend to all those who have little ones.

Anyway, she has been waking up crying - I don't fell good, my ears hurt, I have the hick-ups (which she doesn't, so I am not sure why she is saying that) So off to the doc we go and he says...her ears are perfect. She's fine, maybe she has an ear ache. Now, this was not my regular doc because he is out on Thursdays, this is the man that I do not like to see because I think he is 95 and he is very derogatory to mommies. So, at 10:30 pm, 2:00 am and 3:30 am, I wanted to call the man and tell him that I think she has a little more than an earache. But, he probably takes out his hearing aide before going to bed, so he wouldn't hear the phone anyway. Or, snoring like WB...why can't he hear crying during the night?

Plus, when I went to the doc yesterday, I got a steroid shot which means...no sleeping for me. UGH!

So, TILT is on Friday this week and not the one I was originally going to do, but something I have learned all the same and believe me, next week's will be good. Unless we are sick again. Let's pray right now that everyone is better! And that I will have a complete voice back and not this smoker/whisper thing I have now. But, this has made me realize that I should have taught my kids to read lips! Forget sign language!

Things I've Learned Thursday - on Friday
No matter how long it's been (4 months) I still miss this man like it was just yesterday and birthday parties seem to be the hardest times because he loved them so much...

Papaw and Jay at Coco's 1st birthday April 08 - Not their real teeth!

3 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Kera,

I know the feeling!!! My PawPaw has been gone now for a year and half. I still miss him now as much as I did they day he passed. I just remind myself of how exciting it will be the day we are together again but untill just think of all the memories! I pray that God will continue to comfort you in the times you are missing your grandfather so badly!

~Jennifer

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

BTW hope you all feel better soon!!
~Jenn

Unknown said...

I still miss him too. Jay's birthday was not the same without him. There was something comforting about having him and Mamaw D both there, watching and smiling at everything that happened.