Last week, on a day that it was suppose to be warm but turned out a little windy and chilly, we decided to go feed the ducks and head over to Kids Space for a picnic. Allyson and I loaded up the kids and took off with bags of popcorn in hand. Let me just say that 2 bags of popcorn were not enough. They lasted about 15 minutes. (next time, we know to pop more) The kids loved it and Sissy kept saying "Mommy, I habin pun!" Pics are below.
Oh, maybe y'all know...why is it that there are random men in their cars hanging around the duck pond? KA-REE-PY!! I am one to notice these types of things because we are 2 mommies with 4 kiddos, 2 strollers, and too much other paraphernalia to name. So, I always keep my eye on the surroundings. I don't know what they were doing, but my son better have something else to do with his life than sit at the duck pond. Weird. (Did you know there is an r in paraphernalia? That's what spell check says.)
Here are the kids waiting in the car very patiently after we pulled up to the duck pond and had to leave because we realized that we didn't have any change for the meters. We raided her hubby's car and then had to get some from his desk drawer. A and I are good like that...I think our kids are use to the little things we do to liven up our outings. Something always happens.






After the pond, we loaded up and headed over to Kids Space. We had a picnic (yes, I brought a table cloth) and then they played. Why do I only have 1 picture of this event? Because it is CRAZY trying to keep up with 3 kids plus 1 on the hip and try to fit through those tiny spaces. I get that this was built for kids, but come on, with little ones, you have to follow them around and help them every now and then. I think 12 inches wide in some areas is going overboard. I mean, we see enough super skinny people on TV now we have to feel fat at the playground too?

And to wrap it up...Bubby is so happy (as you can see) to be sitting in his very own Nod chair and not his sister's purple one. He watches Mickey every morning and drinks his milk in her chair. I finally ordered his and he was so excited today. If we can keep Sis from wanting to 'swamp' (swap) with him every 5 seconds, we will be doing good. (A Nod chair is like the pottery barn chairs but $40 cheaper. You can get them here)

He still isn't walking yet, but he is talking up a storm! New words- Thank you and PePie, can sign 'finished' and 'more', will jabber something that sounds like a song and dance to it, is trying to get his 1 year molars, and will cruise the couch a little bit. Last weekend he was wearing a tshirt and khakis and looked so big. I think that I forget he is 1 already. Makes me sad!
Sister is still bossing us around and making sure Bubby is not doing anything he isn't suppose to. She also likes to unload the forks and spoons from the dishwasher and put clothes in the dryer. I will be so glad when she turns 3 and all of the chores will be her responsibility. Just kidding - Maybe I'll wait until she's 4. She sings ALL of the time and likes all kinds of genres...Jesus Loves Me, B-I-B-L-E, We are the Champions by Queen (she says whampins), Ice cream and Cake (some hip hop song), I like to move it, move it (which she calls "Her song"), Pray Everyday, ABC's, then there are some that she just makes up. Never a quiet moment around here, that's for sure!!
1 comment:
FUN! Cute pics, feeding the ducks and picnics is one of our FAVorite things to do, especially in the spring :)
Post a Comment