So I have been trying to come up with some sort of weekly theme for my blog because I have been kinda boring lately. Blogging is fun but it takes up a lot of time that I can't seem to come up with. I think of good things to blog about, but just don't seem to get them done. So, today while I was sewing, I thought about this.
Things I've Learned Thursday will consist of, well, things I've learned throughout my life, sometimes funny, sometimes serious. Y'all let me know if you enjoy it or if I need to come up with something else. I will try my best to keep this up every week. Here goes...
Things I've learned...while listening to the radio
You never know what you are going to hear a country artist sing. While I LOVE country music because it tells stories and I am a girl so I listen to the actual words, there are times that I am singing along and think...what did I just sing? Here are 2 examples:
1. I can't remember the song or who sings it, but the lyric goes "Thank the Lord, cut the cord, take her home and love her." Yes it said cut. the. cord. WHY?? Why would you put that in a song?
2. Then there is the new (or maybe just new to me) Bucky from American Idol song. I think it's called 'I'll Walk' or that seemed to be the theme anyway. But, basically the song is about a boyfriend and girlfriend that have a fight and she tells him to let her out of the car that she'll walk, then she gets hit by a car, then they get married and she tells her dad that she'll walk (meaning down the aisle). What kind of weird-o song is that? And, what man was trying to make up for the fight and the subsequent handicapedness (made it up) that his 'wife' had to endure by writing a song about it?
What have I learned from the radio on this fine Thursday? You can write a song about ANYTHING you want, call it 'country', and there is someone who will record it. And I say that with all sincerity because I love me some country music.
Sisterbug.com is the place to be!!
14 years ago
1 comment:
I turn the radio off before I will put myself through the torture of listening to "I'll Walk"....is there a video to go along with this awesome song????
Post a Comment