Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Picture with Santa

A few weeks ago, we had a quick meeting with Santa that somehow ended up with a professional photo of the event. We only went to have cookies with him but sometimes if mom and I see a line of some sort, we feel the need to stand in it just to see why everyone is standing in a line. (This is how I got 20 beanie babies from the candy store in the mall back when they were the item of the season about 15 years ago. We didn't even know what they were. I just said 15 years ago and was not exaggerating. That made me feel old.) We were happy to see that he was a pretty Santa and not the creepy ones at the mall.*
Sissy did not want to sit in his lap of course, but would stand really close to him and whisper to him that she wanted trains, track, and a mailbox. This would also not have been the 'professional picture with Santa' outfits of my choice had I known that is what we were going to do, but when I am 90 and in the nursing home the kids pick out for me, I will be glad that me and momma stood in yet another line.

*When I said 'creepy ones at the mall' I am in no way trying to make Santa mad so that my little girl will not get the items of her choice for Christmas. I am just creeped out by those guys in the mall that have the yellow beards and yucky teeth and bad breath. So, I try to make sure that we get a picture somewhere else besides having to go to the mall. I am also creeped out by clowns, white vans, monkeys, and anything that resembles anything served in a school lunchroom.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and gets their bellies really full!

3 comments:

Momma 2 Girls said...

I was excited to see your comment! I didn't know you had a blog either. I loved reading all your posts. I haven't had a picture with my girls and Santa since Lizzie spotted Santa peeking around the Christmas tree when she was 9 months old. After that she only likes to look at him from afar. I have asked many times for her to go and talk to him, but she says, "Nah, I'm good!".

The Exciting "E" Sisters said...

The picture is really good. I am glad you had better luck getting a Santa pic than I ever had. Emery Claire will not even walk past him in the mall

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Hey Kera,
Its been so long..... 5th and 6th grade at crossroads, remember those days, makes me feel old! I loved reading over your blog! I started a blog not to long ago and its fun to just journal and brag on your little ones huh? Your family is adorable, where are you living now, we live in Meridianville, I talk to Emily Ricketts occasionally, told her to tell you hi a while ago! She was my sons MDO teacher for 2 years, he loves her! Read your post of losing your grandmother, I remember how close you were to her and even going to her house with you, and now your grndfather. I know its so hard. Ive always been very, very close to my Paw Paw and Maw Maw, and my PawPaw went to be with Jesus a little over a year ago, I miss him so much, so Im sorry I know how you miss them. now its so hard to see MawMaw without the love of her life, anyways enough about that! Its so great to be in touch, let me know what you are up to! I married Chad Reed, he went to Sparkman, you may remember him, and we have one son Sam who is 4, and would love to have another really soon!:)

Jennifer