Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Praying

This is something that has been on my mind for a while and I thought I would blog about it to get it out and do something about it. Plus, both kiddos are hopefully down for a good nap as long as the loud front-end loader digging in the creek outside doesn't wake them up.

Praying is a challenge for me. When I worked, I would use the hour commute to and from work as my 'me and God time' but since I don't have that now, I sometimes find at the end of the day that I have only said prayers with the kids and that is it. Then, when I start to pray, I fall asleep.
I am also an extremely faithful person who believes that God takes care of everything. So, sometimes I find (after the fact) that I don't pray for things/situations because subconsciously I know He is taking care of them. I am not a worrier because I feel that is like telling God that He can't handle things for you. But, I also know that He longs for us to have conversations with him about everything.
God has been so good to me and my family and I feel that I don't really do him justice daily as I should. I get stuck in the rut of my mommy/wifely duties that I don't spend the time with him that he wants or that I truly NEED. (I don't mean rut in a bad way either...you mommies know what I'm talking about) I am always trying to get that last dish washed, or load of laundry folded, or spend a few minutes with WB since I don't get that many, or wiping booties, or cooking, or...well, yall get the picture.
So, I guess the point to all this ramble is that I need to work on my prayer habits. That's probably what I should be doing right now.

4 comments:

becky said...

amen!!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I'm with you on that one, Kera. It is even more of a struggle now for me than it has been in the past. I've started just this week getting up early every other morning to go run or walk. I'm doing it for the exercise, but more importantly to have some quiet prayer time. Maybe you could wake up early a few mornings a week just for quiet time??? I know it's easier said than done.

Sunny said...

I think that we can all agree with you! I know that I struggle to find that time to spend with God too.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you girl! I have struggled with the same thing since I quit my job. I like you enjoyed the long commute because of my quiet time. I am doing the same thing as Anna (in an attempt to get out of my maternity cloths) have started walking / running every morning before Corey leaves for work. It is really helping me feel better spiritually & mentally even though I am not a morning person! : )