Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Ladybug and a Spider

That's what we were this year. I wanted to do Miss Muffet and a spider but since I have a 2 year old with an opinion who stated "No, I don't wanna be Miss Muffet, I wanna be a 'pider like Bubba" I decided to talk her into a ladybug (which she loves so it wasn't hard) and go with that. I was not going to waste my time making a Miss Muffet when I know this strong willed little girl would not wear it. Not sure where the strong willed comes from :)
We have attended lots of Halloween festivities over the past week so I will just narrate all of the pictures.

Here they are on their way to the annual Halloween Party at our good friend's house 2 doors down. Notice the big pumpkin was not carved yet...it was going with us for the pumkin carvin that the guys do. (the finished product is below) Brooke has a really good camera and took lots of pictures, so this is the only one I have. All of the others are on snapfish. Sorry. But, it was an action packed night to say the least. Our buds know how to throw a halloween party!
Funfest was last Sunday at our church. We came home and napped real quick so that we could get back to the 'carnival' as we had been referring to it. This was the picture scene. Sissy did not want her picture taken and Bubba wanted to eat the hay. Usual.
Sissy really only cared about the playground and this thing. She loves going 'ring round rosie' which is what she says anytime she is doing anything in a circular motion.
Bubba is wearing my daddy's hat from when he was a baby. It also has a coat and overalls that match which I am sure you will see him in again. He looks so cute in it. Yall know this is the best baby. EVER. He napped about 25 minutes during church and about 1 1/2 hours at home. He was up from 2:30-8pm and did not whimper one time! What a good one!
Here's the pumpkin. He was so much cuter the day after being carved. This was him a week later after someone apparently took his upper false teeth out. I can't even get the pumpkin to cooperate for a picture!
Sister Bug on Halloween (I think we lost our antenae at the doctor's office earlier that day. She said she should wear it so she could get candy. Little did she know she would be getting the flu mist.) Potty training is going pretty good. There were a couple of days where she would say "I don't want to go potty. Thank you for telling me." At least she's polite.
My little Bubba Spider who turned 9 months on Halloween. He is 22# 2oz and 27 1/2 inches, getting tooth #6, turning circles in his bed, saying MaMa, Dada, Buba, Hi and just being the sweetest little boy I could have ever dreamed of.
Sissy in action. It only took her a few times to realize if she said "Whick or Wheat" she would get candy. She would almost whisper it though. But, she was the loud one when people's dogs came out. She would yell "NO DOG!" Now, go back and read that in the most southern accent you can come up with. (We trick or treated with 3 other families)
Bubba Spider and Daddy. Why, you say, does WB have on that same orange shirt in every picture? Because he LOVES it and wears it all of the time. Buy him something else, you say? I have. He doesn't 'dress up' in real clothes much, but when he does he wants to wear the same bright as everything orange shirt. He even has Sissy telling him to wear it so he can say she wants him to. It may mysteriously disappear one day. Things like that have been known to happen around here. At least he was with us though!
Hope y'all had a good one and have already hidden all but a few pieces of the candy like I did.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

You guys have been busy! I loved looking at your pictures. I wanted my kids to be something different too, but I gave up the fight. Halloween is about the kids, right? I love the picture of your little guy in the hat, that is just too cute!