{This is a long one folks, but it has lots of pictures!}
I am behind on postings, so again, I will narrate pictures.
This is the only picture I have from Thanksgiving for whatever reason. Aren't they cute in their matching brown cords? We had a great traditional turkey lunch at WB family's house then were off to my parents for the afternoon. This year with my fam we decided to stick with the finger food type of things, which was a nice change. There are only 8 adults and 4 kids, so it's small and no one wanted momma to go to lots of trouble cooking turkey, etc. So, she just went to lots of trouble cooking other stuff. You never go hungry at her house. That's probably why I feel the urge to eat every time I go over there.
The next night we went to Santa's Village as we always do with my bro, SIL and fam. We take pictures with Santa and then walk around until we are too cold to feel our fingers. This year was the first that Sissy really got in to it. WB was called in to work so he didn't get to go this year. This was our attempt to get a pic of the 2 girls...but the snow started falling and Sissy was distracted. Maybe when she's 8.
Here is the Bubs watching the snow too...in his almost 60 year old coat and hat that was daddy's.
And, Bubba with Santa...trying to pull his beard.
Sissy was excited about seeing him, but Coco and Jay went before us. Let's just say that Coco wanted nothing to do with him...I think this made Sissy a little skiddish. She will take candy from strangers obviously. I guess we will be working on that. Aunt Shanie has all of the good pics...I would love the one of Coco screaming to show you...HILARIOUS!
Someone let out a gingerbread man poot and I don't think it was Bubba. (I couldn't resist!)
"Sissy the Snowman, la la lalala la la"
And, what she really came for...the cookie! She dropped a small drip of icing on the ground and bent down to get it. She loves her some cookies!
Sissy asked for Piggy Tails the other day, out of the blue. I was so excited, but unprepared because here she is almost 2 1/2 and has never had enough hair. I found the smallest hairbands I could and made her some. She said "OOHHH PUURDY!" then had to show WB. You may have to click on the picture to make it larger before you can really see them. They stayed in about 2 minutes tops and she hasn't wanted them since. Again, maybe when she's 8.
Our little man is now 10 months old and trying to get around. He can scoot backwards but not forwards yet. The only way he can get forwards is on the car (which he loves, especially when he runs into things) and scooting on his bottom. He has been trying to pull up these past couple of days. I had to make this picture big because he is so stinkin' cute!
Trying really hard to get somewhere!And, lastly (is anyone still reading?) we have been decorated for Christmas since before Thanksgiving. When I say we, I mean me and all of the inside. WB got the outside stuff down and to the garage. Maybe it will get outside and plugged in before the end of December. Anyway, I put it up before Thanksgiving because Sissy is really loving everything this year. So that makes us want to enjoy it longer. WB is usually a "one holiday at a time" person, but I knew that he would not even begin to take it down, so I put it up early.
We have a new addition to the Christmas decorations this year. This is Red (Sissy named him) and he is our 'Elf on the shelf.' He watches the kids every day and while they are sleeping, he goes and tells Santa if they have been good or bad. Then he comes back and is hidden somewhere else in the house when they wake up. Sissy will quit crying in a heartbeat when we remind her that Red is watching. He has been seen here...
And here...

Stay tuned for more of Red and his antics!
***Updated***
Mrs. Claus thought it would be good if she tried to step in and help out. It only made him scream louder! ha Good one of Santa though!
1 comment:
I loved your update! Love the pictures! Your kids look so cute and adorable in their coordinating outfits. I'm happy that you all had a great Thanksgiving and had lots of fun at Santa's Village.
And, I absolutely LOVE The Elf on the Shelf! Cute name!
Post a Comment