Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Traditions while opening gifts

Last night, WB and I were laughing about our Christmas memories from momma and daddy's. There is always good food and great fun watching the kids open gifts...but there are also certain phrases you hear from momma every year.
Now, momma "just wants everyone to be together and to be happy" every year for Christmas. But, she also makes sure we always have something from her and daddy.
Here are our Christmas "traditions" we hear from momma while opening our presents...

4. "You can't take that box home. I'm gonna use it again next year."
3. "Give me that bag." You hear this after you just get your stuff out of it. She takes it and runs off to fill it up with something for someone else.
2. After tearing the paper off of a gift. "Wait...that's not yours!" But, the tag has my name on it. "Your daddy did that. It's not yours." This usually happens to WB every year! ha
1. After you have opened all of the gifts with your name on them (whether they are really yours or not) she says "Is that all you got?" then she turns to daddy "Mike, where's the *whispers out of the corner of her mouth*" Daddy: "The what?" Momma: "You know, the *uses hands while whispering*" Daddy: "It's not under the tree?" This happens every year to someone and it is never a small gift that she misplaces. Last year, it was my sister-in-law...momma coundn't find her kitchen-aid stand mixer. You know, the big ones? I think she finally found it the next day.

The good thing about #1 is that it makes Christmas last a lot longer. Normally, in February, you hear this "Here's the rest of your Christmas presents. I just found them the other day."

We are looking forward to seeing who's presents we open and what momma can't find this year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff.

The Exciting "E" Sisters said...

I lughed os hard when I read #1 b/c I could just picture your mom and dad having that conversation

Anonymous said...

I can see your momma and daddy doing that. I laughed so hard!