Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Father's Day, more cousin time, and the most anticipated birthday present

I am about to start out blogging about something that happened last week and end it with something that happened today. Today. I don't think I have ever blogged about something that happened the day I am blogging! It probably will never happen again!

Father's Day was last weekend...and we spent it rushing around like most people do. Church, lunch, home for nap, back to church, over to the inlaws, home for bed. In the middle of all of that I was trying to catch up from VBS the previous week for being out of town the next week. And I have decided that someone comes in when I am not looking and puts their family's laundry in my laundry room.  There is no way all of it is ours. I can't keep my baskets empty for more than 2 hours.
Anyway, this was a very eventful Father's Day because WB and I took our picture together. This never happens because I am usually the one taking all of the pictures. So, kids, this is what your parents looked like on Father's Day 2010...daddy-31 and mommy almost 31. or are we 32? Whatever, you can do the math.



There will be more a longer post on the man in the middle soon...it will be his 60th this September. If I start now, it will take me til September to tell you what a wonderful man he is. If you think your daddy is great, multiply him by 1000 and that's my daddy. He's one in a million!
And, if he will be 60, then I will be 32~also known as too old to remember how old you are.

We stopped by to see PopPa Honey later that afternoon and took a little spin on the golf cart. And, as usual, Buddy had to check out the cows and throw a little Moo their way. They really look forward to him coming around, you know.
See that big bruise on Sister's shoulder? Courtesy of her big cousin, Jay. He only knows how to swing for the fence when playing baseball and she got pegged in the shoulder. She said "But mommy, I was standing next to Papa so I wouldn't get hit and I still got hit!"

On the Monday following Father's Day, I took the kids to Ol' Montgomery (as Sister says) to stay a few days with my brother's family. We had a lot of fun taking the kids to the Y, hanging out and playing, and I even got to ride over to Auburn to see my friend Jamie and her new baby.
(There is a funny story about the Y that will be told at a later date)
CoCo and Buddy
These two have so much fun together! They would sit and line up their cars together for hours and then count them over and over. It was so sweet! You would have thought they were the only 2 there if it weren't for the constant yelling of Sister and Jay. Both of them are the first born, both are stubborn, both like to control all situations, both only like their own ideas. You can imagine.

One other stop we made was to the Bass Pro Shops. Since Christmas, Sister has been asking for a hot pink BB gun. I am not sure how she knew they existed, but she did and couldn't quit talking about them.  I wished I had my camera on her when she saw them at the store. She had the biggest smile on her face!
Here she is kissing the box!
She actually spotted the hot pink 4-wheeler before she saw the gun. But, she informed us that just the gun was ok this time, but next time we could get the 4-wheeler. I hate to inform her that they next motor vehicle purchased will be for me.
She couldn't wait to get home to show her daddy and shoot it. Then it started raining so we had to let her bring it out in the house. Without BBs of course. Bless her heart, she has been asking everyday to go to the shop so she could shoot it. And, we were able to finally go this afternoon. WB is on call, so you can guess what happened. As soon as we got over there he got called in. But, he did let her shoot it 4 times.

And, she hit the green bottle (see it laying down over on the right hand side?) with her first shot.
Oh, please don't think we are careless with our guns and allow Buddy to stand that close when someone else is shooting. Buddy and I were over checking on the watermelons and missed the actual shooting of the BB. So, I made them pretend to be shooting again for documentation.
Which reminds me...I had better go get the gun out of the car before I get pulled over and cuffed for carrying a firearm.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute! Jon's parents brought over his childhood BB gun this winter, and Jon spent some time teaching him how to aim and shoot and such. I laughed, because you said, "We had to let her bring it out in the house, without the BBs of course." Well, Jon set up a shooting range in our kitchen, and they shot IN the house. No damage was done that time. The time he let him shoot the bow and arrow, though, well now that's a different story! :)

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Lovin AA and that pink BB gun!! Too cute =)