Saturday, June 12, 2010

Communication is key!


I think I have to say that my favorite time is when my kids have learned to talk. I remember when Buddy was a newborn and Sister was still too young to talk, but on the verge and was in that frustration stage. A million times a day, I would say I wish she could just talk...it would make life so much easier. And my mom would say~you'll think that until she starts talking. But, I can honestly say that I LOVE for my kids to talk. I need communication. I don't like trying to figure things out. Just tell me what you want so we can get right to it.

Buddy has been jabbering for a long time. I think that is what the second child does, especially when he hears his sister talk every second of the day. Now, over the past couple of months, he is starting to say a few small sentences and sing more. It just melts my heart when that baby boy says "Uvee Too Mommie!" with those sweet little eyes!
Some of my other favorite things he says:
  • 1,2,3, FORK,5,SICK...
  • Reminding us all to say the blessing before dinner by folding his hands together and saying "prayers, fadder" and then signing 'God our Father'
  • Always looking through his picture Bible and pointing out "Jesus" (any man with a beard and a robe)
  • saying "Mommy, wanna see Jesus" when we go to church.
  • Pointing out every Rocket, Dig Dig, Tractor, Mac, Truck, Car, everywhere we go and saying "Dig Dig Mommy Dig Dig, see'em (pronounced SIM)" Rocket Mommy Rocket, sim?
  • Hold Yous Mommy
  • Han Mommy Han (hold hands)
  • Hold Yous Ye-woh fow-rs (when picking dandilions)
  • He also knows all of his colors, numbers and letters by recognition...and likes to tell you every single time he sees one, or all, of them. And then waits for you to say Good Job, Buddy!

And, He LOVES to sing! He has been singing since before he turned 2. A little bit of 'Tonights gonna be a nite nite' by the Black Eyed Peas and some 'Uh, Uh, OOH' by Beyonce (ring on it) with some 'Twika Twika little sta' and 'ABCDEFG' mixed in here and there.


Now that he is talking, there are so many new songs to sing! A few new favorites are "Ho-wee ho-wee ho-wee" (Holy, Holy, Holy), Ten Thousand Angels, Rock-a-bye Baby, the Veggie Tales 'Crazy' song and too many others to name. I thought Sister sang a lot~boy was I wrong! Most of the time the both of them are singing some sort of song, but it is never the same one. So, it can get loud in this house.

And, you know, I can handle the loud...because I LOVE their little voices and how they mispronounce words. I love to hear them sing church songs and talk about Jesus. I love that they tell each other 'love you' every night. I love that they say bedtime prayers together. The sound of little voices in our house is almost as sweet as the sound of little feet slapping on the hardwood floors.

Now, the sassiness-that's a whole other ballgame.

3 comments:

brooke said...

How precious!! I wish I had recorded my kids talking more when they were that little. I've almost forgotten that sweet sound of jibber jabber words. Love this sweet post. You'll be glad you wrote this one. :)

one BleSSed gal! said...

Sweetness! I agree, I love when babies can finally talk. It's sad that it means they are getting bigger, but all those little mispronounced words are precious :)

Sunny said...

What a sweet post! Little ones have a way of making the simple things so precious! I know that you will treasure what you wrote down.