Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Celebrating 4!


This little giggle monster is 4! And I can't quite believe it. There are so many different ways to celebrate 4~we will be highlighting the 3 different ways we chose. You can choose your favorite. Because, yes we did it 3 times. How lucky is she? How crazy am I?



The first celebration was at the lake! It was a 'kaprize' for Sister to have a party there. Her cousins were in town for the weekend so we headed over to play on the water and have a homemade strawberry cake. Sister said it was Pinkalicious Delicious!

Can you guess who this is?


Here's a closer one when it was over...


Sister with Uncle Bub! We were so proud that she rode the tube! She was smiling so big, but then I could see the expression change in an instant!  They hit a bump and she was done. And she doesn't ever want to do it again. She says she can just yell WooHoo! from the boat. I don't blame her!



The morning of her actual birthday, WB surprised us all and took the WHOLE day off! He wanted to help me by taking sister to breakfast and I told him he could take Buddy too and also pick up a few things while he was being helpful and all.
Because...her friends party was the morning of her birthday. It was HOT, humid, HOT and also really HOT.
And, I am not one to have idle time at a party, especially when it is 105 degrees outside.
My parties last 1 1/2-2 hours max. So we crank it out and get it done!
Which means, as soon as the first kid came through the gate, they came right over to the craft area and started painting a t-shirt.



Sweet friends!
Sister's requests for her party: Capri-Suns (because I only buy them for parties), cheese sticks (she can't have lunch without one), everything to be hot pink and hot blue, and an ice cream cake!


And it was good!

And although they all look like they are about to pass out, no one hit the ground. I did hear that there was a lot of napping going on that afternoon.

She may look like she is channeling her inner pirate but she is just showing her joy that she was able to play with all of her friends and she had cheese sticks at her party. Not to mention the millions of art supplies she got as gifts. Her friends know her so well! The amount of art stuff should last her all summer! (WOW do we go through the art supplies!)

After this party, we cleaned up, the kids got baths and naps, and I washed everyone's clothes for the next party that night with our families. I really didn't get a lot of pictures at this one because I think I was so exhausted from the first party!  

I did sit down long enough to get a picture with the birthday girl!

We grilled out and then had Sister's other request...birthday fruit pizza! WB was a little disappointed that it wasn't real cake or a big cookie. And after voicing this disappointment, he ate 2 pieces.

What a fun day! Sister had a great birthday celebration week! I think we are all still recovering a little!
Poor girl was a little sweaty betty all day, but just kept right on smiling! Did I mention how HOT it was?

We have been having so much fun with all of the paints, glitter, colors, games, envelopes (especially the envelopes), puzzles, glue, scissors, googlie eyes. I think she has more craft supplies than me!
And, Buddy, I think he just loves the options that he has with her new crocs...


4 comments:

Sunny said...

What a fun birthday celebration! I love parties that just last with lots of different parties. How fun! I know that you made lots of fun memories of your little girl's special 4th birthday! You are such a good mommy!

one BleSSed gal! said...

Those are my 3 favorite birthday cakes too {well those & the cookie cake that WB didn't get}... no wonder I love that girl! Glad you've survived the celebrations!

ps. Love Buddy's shoes. I laugh b/c Cole & I can now wear the same size shoe & he will slide on my pink crocs if he's just running out the door to get something :)

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

What fun! I think we had 3 or 4 celebrations for the kids birthday last year...they were tired of celebrating by the end! That looks like a HOT birthday party!!! She looks like she had a ball, though. :)

Amy said...

What a lucky girl! Have you recuperated yet? :) btw, AC and LB passed out as soon as they got home! :)