Monday, June 7, 2010

What a difference 9 months makes!

Sister at the beginning of school


Sister towards the end of school


It is absolutely amazing how much a child can change in 9 months. This little girl has done a complete 180 on me. Starting her in preschool was the best thing I could have ever done for her! I know that she cried for the first 6 weeks, but that is such a vague memory now. She LOVED school every day and always wanted to be dropped off at the door and ride in car pool. She loved chapel, music, motor skills...but I bet you all can guess what her absolute favorite thing was this year-ART CART! what can I say?

She walks by herself to Bible Class at church and will go to Kid's Praise at night, all without me! She only gives me 20 kisses and hugs when I leave for bonco instead of 55 plus a lot of sobbing and screaming. She even started gymnastics today and I was able to sit where the parents are suppose to sit!

It was only 9 months ago that she wouldn't let me out of her sight for a split second without having a breakdown because she thought I might leave her! Seems like such a long time ago!

I am so proud of how my little girl has grown over these past months. But, I am a little sad too. This only means that we are about to fast forward our way through one more year of preschool, where she will be going 4 mornings a week. Which seems like a little much to me for such a little one.
She has already informed me that she knows where her 4-year-old classroom is and she doesn't need me to walk her in the first few weeks.
Then she will be going to BIG school~something that makes me all anxious and sweaty, so I just don't think about it. We passed her school the other day and she said "Mommy, that's where I go to kindergarten and then I go straight to Auburn!" And I am so sure that it will go by that fast!

While this newfound independence is terrific, I must say that I do miss the days when (pre T.O.) she would crawl over to me every 10 minutes or so and just rub my leg or arm and suck her fingers. Or, when she would want me to rock her before bed instead of play "I Spice" or "Gold Fish." 
Growing up is hard on a momma!

3 comments:

brooke said...

Wow...that is amazing how much she has changed. I need to look back at pictures more often. But then, it always makes me sad too! She is such a sweet girl....love that she wants to go to Auburn!!!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

What a big girl she has become. She has grown up by leaps and bounds. I know you're proud of her, but it's hard, too. I feel the same way about my babies. :( I can't imagine mine going to K at 5...I'm thankful for an extra year for us to all get ready.

Lindsey said...

She is so adorable!! What a big girl :)