Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ramblings...

I was wanting to do a little post about how much my kids love 'ark' (art) and how many times we are at the bar in the kitchen because we needed to 'do a little ark' to start the day, before lunch, before nap, because someone needs a piece of paper with stickers and paint and random letters that don't spell words.
And also how our 'Ark Bucket' is now portable because Aunt Shanie made the cutest thing for me Sister to organize the staples printer paper box  Ark Area.
And then I realized that all of those pictures are on my card...and I do not have them loaded. Since the camera is gone.

So, I thought I would start making something for myself when I realized that my sewing machine and embroidery machine are both being serviced.

So, I thought I would try to figure out how to make a blog header with PhotoShop that I got for Christmas. And it keeps shutting down on me. And is also frustrating. I am usually pretty good at figuring out new programs on my own. This one has it in for me. And the book gives you no info-in 40 different languages.

And so I am just going to ramble on and show you some pictures that were taken today with my old camera.  I remember now why I needed a new one. It takes forever to actually snap the pic and the battery lasted about 4.25 minutes.
 I took Buddy for a long overdue haircut this morning and he looks like a big boy now. Sad. I wanted to capture it, which lead to me letting the kids take pictures, which also lead to crying over who's turn it was. Y'all know how that is.

Sister was using the third's rule here...she just forgot to include everybody. Buddy was crying because it wasn't his turn.



This shows his big boy haircut. He now looks 4.


We have been working on our smiles in pictures. She always says Cheese and squints her eyes. So, today we started saying 'scuse me. It works!


See the place on her forehead? She hit it on New Year's Eve and we had to go to the ER for a little glue. She cried when she hit it, but didn't cry at all at the ER! On the way she said "I shouldn't have done that mommy, we were having a good night!"
I will be glad when the glue peels off and we can get something on it. I hope it doesn't scar too bad. She is still apologizing to me about it!
At least it was the END of 09 and not the beginning of 2010!

If you don't hear from me for a while, I will be trying to figure out photoshop and planning a birthday party.

3 comments:

one BleSSed gal! said...

Boo for all the broken {but getting fixed} stuff, including Sister's sweet little forehead! Bless her heart! Good luck with the party planning...you know I've got 2 to plan this month. What crazy person has a baby (or 2!) in January anyway???

Sunny said...

How frustrating to have all of that stuff being fixed.

It was really good getting to catch up with you Sunday. I always enjoy talking with you.

Stephanie T said...

GOT to hear about the ARK bucket from Aunt Shanie!! Abby is a "craft" girl and the stuff is overwhelming me at times!! I don't want to stifle creativity, but I don't want glitter and glue everywhere, all the time either!!