Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hibernation

Good news: My camera is suppose to be in tomorrow afternoon by 5! Just in time for Buddy's birthday party at 6-across town, and then there is the icy roads we are suppose to have. So, I am hoping my daddy will come through for me and pick it up on his way through town. And Mother Nature will come through and the bad weather will go North. Please North. Please.
I have been having a hard time with my baby turning 2. I don't want to have to cancel the little shindig and prolong my depression. I don't even know where the last 2 years have gone!
Let's all say a little prayer for the GOOD weather. Amen.

In preparation for the big day, we have been practicing "Happy Birthday" and I am glad to say that Buddy just sings right along with us. It is so cute-especially since he doesn't say any real words, but sings like someone else I know who just makes noise in the sound of the tune. (That would be my mom)
He also likes to sing Jason Aldean's "Big Green Tractor" in this way, except he sings tractor real loud like he is proud that he knows a word.
Speaking of, I have had more than one friend say they think of my husband when they hear that song. Not sure how to take that.

Anyway, all of that rambling to say, we are (hopefully) celebrating a big birthday this weekend and putting up a big boy bed! And I might even have my own camera to document the occasion!

Now on to the title of the post-
In Sister's class at school, they have been talking about polar bears, penguins, and all of the cold climate animals. Tuesday was her turn to be the leader and they were discussing hibernation. She gets so excited when she can be the leader because she gets to tell the class what the weather is for the day.
So, in our daily review, I asked what it means when bears hibernate...here is what I got.
"It's when bears get under the table and the momma bear gives them pretzel sticks and they eat them and say "Thanks Momma Bear!" except today Mrs. {Teacher} was the momma."
We are really learning a lot of important concepts these days.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Kera,
I'm right there with you on wishing for good weather, we are having the kids double b-day party on Saturday morning! Let's all say a little prayer for good weather!
Ashley :)

brooke said...

Yipee....so glad your camera is finally coming back!! Happy Birthday Buddy! I hope the weather is good for ya!

one BleSSed gal! said...

i love that sister left out the sleeping part =)

got my fingers crossed for you on the weather...sure hope buddy gets to have his party!