I have been a sewing machine (pun intended) this week! I have cranked out a Valentine t-shirt dress and a pair of ruffle blue jeans for sister. The fact that I already have a holiday outfit for Sister waaay before the holiday is amazing! {Or, just shows that I did not post valentine's shirts for sale. Did y'all know that no one is selling long sleeve shirts anymore? It's January people!!}
And I have made something for y'all too. But, I can't show it to you because, well, you know, the camera problem. So, I think I am gonna do a surprise giveaway soon. It's something for the kitchen...I even made one for myself (gasp!) and use it a LOT!
I have also been getting some things figured out for SisterBug. I am going to add a few new offerings this year in the category of reversible A-lines, ruffle pants/capris/shorts, a couple of dress styles, and shorts with matching applique tops for boys. I am trying to keep this all affordable for everyone, so I am doing a little fabric searching. It's been fun!
In the meantime...I am going to give a little fun run-down of some things we have really been LOVING lately.
1. I don't think there is a need to elaborate here!

2. These have been a staple around here lately. All 4 of us LOVE them. They can be a little spicy, but so yummy. And they are whole wheat-which is good now that someone has high cholesterol (not me) and I have to only buy WHOLE wheat everything.
Note: When switching to whole wheat, do not be fooled by things that say "wheat" because they are more than likely NOT. Especially when the ingredients say "enriched" wheat flour. They are trying to trick you. Enriched wheat flour is white flour made to look like wheat so you will think you are helping yourself, but you are not.
3. If I had only known how much Buddy would LOVE this thing. He got a little matchbox McQueen for Christmas and no one is allowed to touch it-unless you are just picking it up to give to him. This car goes to bed with him, sits beside the tub while he is taking a bath, gets thrown down about 95 times a day. If he sees one in the store he goes to jabbering about it and pointing. I think we may have moved from cows to McQueen in all of about 2 weeks. Boys.
4. Sister asked for a fishing pole for Christmas and I went ahead and got one for Buddy too because we are at that age where what you get for one you have to get for the other. I thought he would be too little for it really. And, I was wrong. The poles come with a little plastic-y thing that you tie on the end of the line. So, about 2 weeks after Christmas he got his off of the dining room table. Then he proceeded to cast and then reel it in. Repeatedly. I think that is kinda good for an almost 2 year old. I mean, he may not be able to say more than 20 words, or even go to the potty, but boy can he catch the fish! I am on the verge of calling this boy a genius.
5. Sesame Street is my friend! Sister never really got into Sesame Street (I say that like she is 12 and has outgrown it) but buddy loves it. He doesn't sit and watch it, but sometimes I have it on because it seems that we are going through some Separation Anxiety. Meaning that if I am not in the same room with him, he will run to find me and then I will have to hold him for 20 minutes as punishment for trying to go to the potty. But, when he hears Elmo's World come on, he is glued. And, I am a mad woman trying to wash some clothes, change the sheets, clean the kitchen, brush my teeth, dust some furniture, and get back to the room before the 15 minutes is up and he realizes I was gone. It is amazing what you can do when you only have 15 minutes a day.
What are y'all loving these days?

1 comment:
Lately I...
♥ SuNSHiNe!
♥ watching my boys kick some booty on the basketball court.
♥ Little Debbie peanut butter crackers. I can't get enough of them.
♥ a neti pot. I'm tired of snot.
♥ Eucerin hand cream. All the GERM-X is killing my hands.
ps. Can't wait to see Sisterbug's new goodies!
Post a Comment