Monday, July 20, 2009

A post for your husbands

You might want to read it first and decide if you want them to see...

Last Friday, my brother was in Guntersville with his state committee doing a little "planning" so we met them for dinner and headed over to the lodge where they were staying...
It was called Dream Ranch and is one of the coolest places I have been in a long time!

Since it is was a house, Sister had to take her shoes off...y'all know you aren't suppose to wear your shoes inside! This is one of 4 elephant feet used in the lodge(supposedly killed by the owner.)

And, you are able to get the true feeling of walking on zebras if you have your shoes off!

And there were lots of things like this...

and this that were there to keep you company. And to be barked and moo'd at by a 17 month old.

And there were views like this.

And Bubba said "Hallelujah! Someone finally let me down so I can check this place out!"

This picture is only because he is the cutest thing and I thought you might want to see him again.

And your feet will look like this when you leave because this is a house for big boys to come and play and why in the world would they mop the floors since boys (and my little girl) like dirt?

Anyway, they guide duck, quail, and deer hunts and fishing. And have about 12 rooms to sleep and make your meals. And it really is a place that I wouldn't mind staying...although I don't like hunting. Not because I don't believe in it, but because I refuse to get up that early when there is only a small inkling of a chance that I would see an animal I would shoot. And you can't bring your sewing machine with you so that you can at least get something done while doing all of that waiting around.
Your huz might like it though...so have him check it out. Don't worry...they will tell him how much the deer will cost before he shoots it. Just so he isn't stuck with the $20k deer when he was only wanting to spend $10k.


HAPPY HUNTING!

No comments: