Last Friday, WB's sister invited us to the pool with them. It is only about 10 minutes from our house, so we got ready real quick and headed over. It was kinda close to lunch time and we had been out all morning, but I thought we would try it anyway.
We stayed for about an hour or so because Buddy started getting hungry and tired. So, as I am hauling all of our paraphernalia and Buddy out, he is playing with my key fob. I had no way of making him stop because I had multiple things hanging from everything that could hold something. (I did tell him no, but y'all know how well that works out sometimes.)
So, I open the passenger door and drop everything in; open his door and put him in his seat-did not buckle him because I wanted to turn the car on first-then shut his door. I reached in from the passenger side and turned the car on, flipped the AC down to 66, and shut the door. Then I immediately HELD MY BREATH because THE DOORS WERE LOCKED. And SHUT-all of them. He had hit the lock button when he was playing with the key fob. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
So, I tell my SIL who is tending to Sister for me while I am trying to decide what to do. I call WB to see if he is somewhere close by~but he is on the other side of the county, so I try really hard to get off of the phone with him without having to tell him what is going on~didn't work.
I had heard that the police might could help, so I call the non-emergency # to see if anyone was close. They said they could send the fire truck and transferred me over. The fire station lady was really nice and told me that the fire department would come out and they would send a locksmith if they couldn't get it open. I thought this might be quicker than my call to a locksmith, so I said ok and then answered the questions...
How old is the baby? 18 mos
Is your AC on? yep, full blast and the car has a full tank
Does he look like he is in distress? Well, he isn't strapped in his seat, and he is leaning all the way over into the basket beside his seat and has found an animal cracker from about 6 months ago, so he is ok for now...until there is no other moldy food for him to munch on.
Are you ok? Yes, until I have to tell my husband what happened...you know how they can be.
We are sending the fire truck now. Um, ok.
And then I thought, oh no. What if they have the sirens on.
And then I prayed, while standing there in my bathing suit and cover up: Lord, PLEASE don't let this be someone I have dated.
And then Sister says, I hear a fire truck. Hey Mom, the fire truck is coming to where we are!
And so, they get the car open, and the baby is cool as a cucumber and HON-gry, and ready to be out of the car. And they said "Happens all of the time." And we went home red faced from embarrassment and from standing out in the sun a lot longer than we meant to.
And, my brother (who use to be a fireman) said in a very disapproving tone "These are the calls they go back to the fire house and talk about." So, sorry, Bub, that your sister was fire house fodder for the day.
To quote Sissy: "Buddy did it! It wasn't me!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to more fun things-
Last weekend was my birthday, so WB and I decided to slip out of town for about 24 hours. Our first getaway without the kids!
So, Saturday morning I drop the kids off at Memae and Papa's and had a Birthday Breakfast Tea Party on the back porch!

Sister thought she was fancy getting to drink out of a little tea cup!

Then, I did some errands without the kids and late that afternoon, we headed to Gorham's Bluff to stay in this little cottage.

It had a den, small kitchenette (with the smallest stove I have ever seen) and a bath downstairs.

Upstairs was the most comfortable bed, and another bath. The bed was a mattress with a down comforter over the mattress, then the sheets. This gave it a pillowtop feel. We are still debating whether it was more comfortable than ours. I think I have told y'all how much I love my bed.

Anyway, we did a lot of exploring before dinner at the lodge and found lots of areas that could be really dangerous.
This picture does not show you the depth here. You could not see the bottom at all! And of course, who do you think had to pretend like he slipped and fell in? And who do you think falls for that trick every time? Right.And we found this little mushroom with a heart on it while searching for a waterfall.
We didn't find the waterfall, but I did realize how out of shape I am.And the sunset was behind the clouds, but the colors were pretty up there.

And, that's all you need to know about that.
Meanwhile, back at the farm...
Sister was baking me a cake FROM SCRATCH.
Did you catch that?
And it was yummy when we came back on Sunday.
Back together again!

WB ordered a getaway for his birthday too.
I really encourage everyone to take time away from your life to reconnect with your spouse. It was something that was long overdue for us and definitely needed. And, let me say, if we can get away while running 2 businesses, and WB's crazy work schedule, etc, etc-I think anyone can. So, get to it. Your marriage will thank you!
6 comments:
Ryan said he heard about that.
Totally kidding! They just talk about the ones who are stupid enough to lock their kids in a car in the middle of the night in a nightclub parking lot. On Christmas Eve no less. Sad. But true.
Too funny, totally got the "cake from scratch part"
Glad you guys had a good time!!! Where is that place anyway? I've never heard of it.
that last comment was from me, don't know why it said anonymous!
That's hilarious! I have done that atleast 2 times to my house, with my kids i there. Well, not all three. I think it was when Carter was just born. The fire department came to the rescue for us too. Love the idea of that getaway. Thomas and I really need to do something like that doe ourselves. Oh....thank you for the lendse info. I have already been researching. Too bad I can't get it right now!!
I don't know what's funnier. The fact that the fire truck came or that you wondered if the firefighter would be an ex-boyfriend :) At least Buddy had plenty of air!!
btw, we love Gorham's Bluff! We haven't been in a while. Maybe it's time for a little trip :)
What a funny story, I love that sissy made sure to point out it wasn't her fault!! :)
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment