Friday, July 24, 2009

Latest Sewing Projects and What's To Come

A while ago, I promised y'all a look at some of the projects I have been making/trying to figure out. I have so many more in my pile, but thought I would go ahead and let you see what I've been doing in my 'spare' time, aka while I should be sleeping.
These are camera straps for SLRs. They are slip covers, so you use your existing strap, but slide this lovely cover over it so you can change it out whenever you want. There is also a pocket for your lens cap~I know I need that because I am always sticking mine in my bra-pocket!
I am still 'perfecting' them, but plan to offer them on SisterBug soon for around $15 (and up depending on fabric used). So, you can buy a couple to have depending on your mood!


I have also made a few baby blankets for the new babies that will be part of our family (and extended family) soon...



This morning before kids got up, I made them new hooded towels. There is nothing like freshly bathed babies in hooded towels! And Buddy needed some that were his own and didn't have butterfly ribbon on them.
Please excuse Sister's expression...I think I caught her in mid "cheese."



There was some extra towel left, so I decided to make Buddy a reversible bib too.



I also found this website that has some wonderful tutorials! This girl is very talented and shows how to make lots of good things. So I used her Plastic Bag Holder tutorial

and Car Trash Bag Tutorial. I can't tell you how many times Sister has thanked me for this! She must have been tired of throwing her trash to me while going down the road. I know I was!


And, I finally figured out those crazy hats on my embroidery machine! These were 2 for $5 at Walmart. Then with $6 for monogramming, you have a cute hat for the pool or beach.


With all of this sewing, I am, of course, behind on my postings again! So, here is a preview of what is coming up soon...
A beautiful bluff view
Another year older
Chicken & Dumplins Tutorial
And, How to meet your local fire fighters while chillin at the pool.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Becky said...

super cute stuff. i had been trying to wait until we moved to get an embroidery machine. i may have to beg and plead before that. super cute bib, btw. i make the hooded towels (and my almost 6 year old still uses them) but hadn't made a bib. cutie. and i'll have me a cute trash bag for mister luke and seth. why can't i think of that stuff??

Sunny said...

I love your work! I was JUST talking with my dad about getting a new camera strap that is a little more stylish. I love that you made yours into a slip cover. I don't really know how well the others would hold up and if they could really hold my big o' camera. Anyways, I think that your strap is very clever and I might just have to get one. :)

Oh, and happy birthday today!