Friday, July 31, 2009

Buddy~18 months


My Little Man is 18 months old today and I just about can't stand it! What a big boy he is now and he is changing so much every day! I am so blessed to be able to be a part of his little antics each and every day!

Here are a few facts about our Buddy~
His nicknames are Bubba, Little Man, Bubby, Stinker Pot, Buddy Man
Sissy calls him Buddy mainly (which was my grandfather's name), but sometimes she'll call him 'Your Brother' or Bubba

He can say MaMa, Dadee, Sis or Nana (for sissy), cheese (when he sees a camera), Thank You, Uh huh for yes
Every animal is either a Moo or a Ruff. And if you tell him differently, he will just reply with a Moo AND a Ruff.
All trucks, tractors, lawn mowers etc are Brmm Brmms.
Every time WB comes home, he will go up to him and say "Da-dee! Brmm Brmm" wanting WB to take him on a tractor.
If none of the above words are what he wants to say, he will just scream. At the top of his lungs and louder than any girl I have ever heard.


He likes to fill his cheeks with food like a chipmunk. But is extremely picky!
His favorite foods are fruit, any sort of snack, breakfast foods, chips, and fruit.
Most days he will eat a good breakfast and it is downhill from there.
He is not consistent with his likes and dislikes unless it is vegetables.
The only vegetables he doesn't shake his head at are corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.
Some days he might eat pizza, rice, a bite of a sandwich, maybe macaroni, scrambled eggs, and that's about it. And if you get him to eat any of that, you are very lucky.
Needless to say, we eat breakfast for dinner a lot and some days he is surviving on fruit and milk.
But, does he look like he's starving?
He also doesn't like for me to cook and will wrap himself around my legs and cry until I pick him up. So, if I don't put on a movie when I am trying to cook supper, I have to cook with 1 hand.


He will sit and "read" books. He will jabber and turn the pages.
His favorite bedtime book is I Love You, Goodnight. There is a page that we read as "I love you like Mommy loves kisses and cuddles" and he reaches up to kiss me and I just melt right there!


He and Sister LOVE to dance. Their favorite song right now is Funky Town or Sissy says "Paw-ky Town."
He is also WALKING! and using it as him sole means of transportation, instead of walking with a push toy. He finally let go this past month and I don't think I have seen him crawl at all this week. Hallelujah!
He is very bow-legged~I think it's because his little thighs are so fat!
He is a climber and has mastered the ladder to the slide, both up and down, with no help. I do stay close and try not to freak out though.

His favorite things are:
Being outside
Riding on a tractor
Bible Class (Praise The Lord for a child that will go!)
Any sort of ball or truck
His Sister
He also LOVES his bed and gets so excited for nap and bedtime. When you put him down, he will lay down. Then when he hears the door shut, he will jump up and start hugging his animals, then throw them in the floor and laugh so loud!

It is not uncommon to see him walking around with stuffed animals. He LOVES them and will hug them and say "Ah, Be Be Be"
Every time he sees a phone, he will put it up to his ear and say Da-dee. He thinks WB is the only person who calls here! And most of the time, he is!


But, by far, his 3 must haves for every day are his thumb, his 'BeBe' (lovie), and his mommy. I think he would be content on my hip all day long!

He is the sweetest little thing and is the cutest boy in our house (sorry WB, but he looks just like you, only with dimples, which is what gives him the edge over you.)
And, I could not imagine our world without him!
I love you Little Man!

2 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

happy 18 month birthday to your little man, he is such a cutie!!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

What a sweet boy! I can't believe he is 18 months. He is growing so fast. :)