Thursday, January 27, 2011

Growing up despite being injured

Somebody is growing up! Not this fast, I hope.
Buddy will be 3 next Monday! I am trying to embrace being the mommy of a 4 year old and a 3 year old. I cry when I think about it. Where has all of my time gone?! So, I do what I normally do when there are things that make me sad-I don't think about it. Because when you don't think about it, it isn't real. I am glad you all understand that.

My Buddy is the sweetest little boy! He LOVES his Bebe, any animal, all 942 cars, trains, trucks, and farm equipment he sleeps with and carries around, his mommy, snuggling, playing with rocks, snakes, and bugs, Mickey Mouse, Lightening McQueen, Buzz Lightyear, his sister, going to the shop with his daddy, pretending to be a baby(at his sister's request), Bible Class, singing, anything round that he can throw, and playing hide and seek.
His 2 favorite hiding places?
Right here... 
and right here... 
Sometimes it takes me forever to find him! :) But, when he's mixed it up on me and gone some place entirely different, all I have to do is say "Where's Buddy?" and he will tell me every time.
He cracks me up everyday with all of his little sayings-
'That's funny right there'
'Wook-a my I found!'
'Wooka-my I got!'
'Mommy, I need to hold you!' Then he crawls up in my lap and puts his cheek to my face for me to kiss on him. And I melt into a million pieces. I immediately forget the little attitude he has developed recently.
And his prayers are the sweetest things to hear!
Especially when he finds a way to say 'That's funny right there' in the middle of talking to God.

I also LOVE that he is secure with his manhood~ 
I just don't LOVE that he is about to be 3. I will surely miss him next year when he starts preschool!

I also don't love that he is a little dare-devil. Because we have to do things like go to the ER and have CT scans of his head and x-rays of his shoulder...which also results in Broken Collar Bones and Concussions. 
He's telling you that he broke his head. :)

But, he is resilient and can still work on his Mack and bang with a hammer. He can also still suck his thumb, which reminds me that he is my baby!

Happy 3rd Birthday to my Little Man!
Good thing momma didn't plan your party on the 'Camoose' until March. Because it wouldn't be real fun playing on real trains with a broken collar bone! (And I can also use it as a bribe for potty training)

I Love You to Infinity and Beyond!

3 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Sweet boy! He looks like he's bounced right back from his injury...and is his happy self again! Happy Birthday, Buddy! I can't believe you're 3!!! :)

Lindsey said...

This sweet boy is one of the biggest reasons I want a son :) We love him to pieces. Happy birthday :)

Amy said...

That precious little boy is such a trooper!! Chris and I were just having this discussion last night about how fast they grow up. LB has been four for two months now, and I'm STILL coming to grips with it! :)

Happy Birthday Buddy!!