My sweet husband-who I love more than a Steak-out cheeseburger-is a hard, hard worker. He is one of those people that can do anything and everything, from wire the house, to fix the leaky faucet, to build a barn, to play the piano by ear, to kiss a boo boo, to cook a mean hot dog. All while working his day job and running our landscaping business~he's also been known to sew a few stitches when I need him.
The bad part to all of that is everyone else knows he can do everything too. Therefore, he is usually doing anything and everything for anybody and everybody.
But, I was able to snatch him up a couple of weeks ago and hide him from all the neighbors, so I could get him to build me this...
Isn't it awesome? OOhhh, AAhhh!
It's a cutting/sewing/ironing/crafting/storage table just for ME!!
There is storage on each end (like the cubbies below) and one in the back under the curtain. It is counter height so that I don't have to bend over the table to cut fabric..and so I don't have to complain about my back anymore. The fabric covered piece on top is an ironing board that I can remove! I can even throw my sewing machine up there so that someone can be on the computer (searching for antique tractors and signs), while I sew into the wee hours!
The cubbies on either end are used for all of my fabrics and supplies to sew. The cubbies under the curtain house all of my other crafting supplies. It's also a good hiding place according to the kids.
I love this table and have wanted one for so long! I am so proud that my husband built it for me and can't wait to get lotsa good use out of it!
Thanks Hubs for being the go-getter that you are!
I am proud to call you mine!



4 comments:
Ohhh!! I love it!!! I'm sure you will love having that (insanely organized) place to work!! :) Jon has built me several pieces of furniture just the way I wanted them too, and it's the best feeling to have a great piece of furniture AND know that they made it for you! :)
Wow! I am so impressed! I know you love it and are going to enjoy having a place to keep it all organized. I don't even sew and I want one! :)
Yay J! Love it! All those colors make me want to come up with something for you to make :)
Ooohh...love it! What a talented fella :)
Post a Comment