Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break was {almost} a Blowout-Part 1 Spring Park

This past week was our first real Spring Break experience-it was the first year I have had a baby in school. We really had a lot of fun! It started out low key with a few playdates, some shopping (something I usually do once a season-I do not enjoy it at all, especially when it is for myself!), some lunch dates, lots of dancing, and finally getting to play outside at the end of the week! We even got to spend some time building a 'gravel castle' at the shop with daddy!
And, I took no pictures of any of this.
Why? Because my son has become my permanent hip attachment. And my neck and back really hurt. I still wish I were an octopus. Or Inspector Gadget.
I have heard and said many times that Boys love their mommas-I didn't know that he would love me this much. I hate to inform him that I am really not that great. I am sure he will figure it out soon enough.  I think I am gonna make him a shirt that says "My mom's hip" get it?
 
I did get some shots from our Birthday Weekend at the Lake. It was Jay and Coco's b-days and Jay chose to have the party at the lake this year. It was too cold to get out, and they had the water down, so we took the crew over to Spring Park in Tuscumbia. The kids LOVED it!!
They have a train, carousel, and roller coaster, plus a big play area. It will be a fun place to visit this summer!
Waiting on the train to take off!

Look how big Zackie Bug is! So cute!! I think he might be our red-head like his momma!

My kids loved the train of course! Here they are on the engine!

This is Sister's first 'roller coastie' ride. You can see how much she liked it-I made it large so you could really feel the emotion! And, so you could understand why everyone was staring back at her! She told Uncle Bub that she was done after the first lap! Little did she know that she had to go 3 more times!
(I was not on here because I do not do roller coasters. for kids or adults. no. way.)

Then my mom had the great idea to 'get a picture with all my babies.' Good, right?
Buddy was crying because I put him down.  and ran away
Up next were the 'Nays' as Buddy says. This was his favorite!

And Coco's too!
Do y'all know how hard it is to take a picture on a carousel while it is turning-and not throw up?

Sister was still a little shell shocked from the coastie. She said she would just sit on the carousel bench.
No nays for her today.
And back on the train for the 90 millionth time.

He may be a clinger, but he is a sweet thing!

We ended our time here on the swings while everyone else was riding the carousel and coaster. This is Sister's favorite thing to do outside! She screams with excitement because swinging 'gets her belly.'
Can't wait for summer-time!

Stay tuned for Part 2 later this week.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Love the pictures, Kera! It looks like you all enjoyed some great time together as a family! I think that those are the best times spent together.

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

bleSS Sister's little heart in that pic of her on the roller coaster =) Sweet pics Kera!!
Glad ya'll had some GREAT family time!!