So, in the last edition, we were at Spring Park wearing ourselves out with our cousins.
We ate lunch at The Palace and left a HUGE mess. Then walked around some of the shops downtown. Upon entering the Feed & Seed, Buddy said "OOHH! Shop!" WB would be so proud! His dream is for our shop to look like an old store.
Then we played musical cars with all of the kids and headed back to the lakehouse.
Later that night, my daddy looked at me and said "I have some bad news."
One of my brand new tires, that had been purchased at the beginning of spring break, was flat.
Outstanding.
So, we talked about how/where we were going to get it fixed on a Sunday in an area we weren't totally familiar with. Walmart was the only choice on a Sunday, so the next morning, daddy changed it in the rain and took it over.
Then, I get the call. It can't be fixed because there is a gash in the sidewall. (This was where the almost blowout occured...The Lord was obviously with us because it was a pretty big gash and I had just been driving the car.)
Wonderful.
Oh, and my spare was low.
So, we did what all people do in this situation.
Ate lunch.
Then I started heading home earlier than I had planned because
A)I am on a spare
B)It was also low
C)There was a monsoon of rain outside
D)But it had to be done in the daylight
Oh at the wailing from the kids because we were leaving early.
Once we get loaded, warned the kids that they better hold on to everything because I was going to be driving with 2 hands, and said a big ol prayer, we started heading home. Luckily the kids were exhausted from the weekend and slept most of the way home.
Because, did I say there was a monsoon? Oh, my word! There were white cap waves on the road there was so much water. And I was going 40 because of this crazy spare.
About 1.5 hours into the suppose-to-be 1.5 hour drive, the natives awoke. And Buddy was restless.
Evidently, someone told him that I could hold him and drive. Because he started screaming his head off with his arms in the air, yelling "MEEE MEEE MEEE" which means hold me.
And then I heard the 2 words I didn't want to hear when I was trying to drive like Granny with both hands on the wheel going 40 in a 55.
'BeBe Down!'
Great. There was no way I could get BeBe (his lovie) because my hands were permanent fixtures on the wheel from being so tense and nervous. And, I was afraid to let go and lean-you know, what you aren't really suppose to do, but do all the time with kids in the back seat?
So, we heard screaming for the next half hour.
Sister was saying "Mommy, I can't hear the music because Buddy is being really loud!" Or something like that. I couldn't hear her because Buddy was being really loud.
Then we finally made it home. And once I peeled my hands from the wheel, he stopped crying because I held him.
And, I evidently have Road Hazard Warranty and only had to pay for them to put the new tire on.
Look how good the Lord is! He didn't allow my tire to blow while I was driving AND he made sure I had the warranty thing. He's wonderful isn't he?
Now I need a massage. Between holding Buddy for the last 3 weeks straight and driving on a spare, I am pretty tense!
1 comment:
Sorry to say, but I was laughing my head off as I read this :) Your luck is like mine. I'm so thankful that it wasn't a blowout. I've had 2 {although one I probably deserved...from trying to race Ryan & his best friend back in the good ol' days. Did I just admit that?! Don't tell my Daddy!} and they are no fun. at all.
And for the record, I know that extra go-go-gadget arm would really help with Buddy, but just remember before too long you'll have to bribe him for cuddles.
Post a Comment