Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh, Bob-you make me so happy!

Sister was not blessed with the good hair genes of her brother! We have been battling the thin hairs for almost 4 years now! And, oh my, it has driven me crazy! I always thought I would have a little girl with hair down to her booty like mine was when I was little. And, I was ready to start making her sleep in pink sponge rollers from day 4 like I always had to. But, then I was given a little girl with peach fuzz and the dreams of sponge rollers were tossed aside with the hairbows.  (But, it does make sense that I craved peaches my last 2 months of pregnancy)
SO, finally, FINALLY! The growth has begun...and we have been sporting the stringy hair since we are really working on the thickness and not the length. And, by working on, I mean, we have been really praying for the hair to get here so that no one thought momma was trying to bring back the mullet. Because, I do not want to be blamed for that. Oh, no.
I have been trying to talk Sister into a little trim in hopes that it might help with the look of thickness and also a sort of style. Style. For a 3 year old. Although there was a little chicken that ran around the first try, but once we gave it a name, it was game on. So, here it is...The BOB!

The only problem is she will still not let me blow dry it, but she will let me brush it more than once a day! And, curl it under with a curling iron, but only if she gets a smartie. Wow at the difference! A little more effort on my part, but totally worth it! And, using Sister new favorite phrase "That is SOOO Cute!"

3 comments:

one BleSSed gal! said...

Oh Bob that haircut is soooooo cute! Love it :)

ps. don't be dogging on mullets. meg is bringing it back.

Ashley said...

Kenze was the same way! Once her hair grew though, it's out of control now! She actually does let me blow dry it and likes me to flat iron it like my hair.....
She was over 2 though before she would let me give her piggy tails..my favorite.

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

LOve it!!