Know what this is?
Happy fabric, Wonky ruffle, Ribbon
Some hints-It is something I have been trying to really 'use' a lot more, get to know it, understand it, teach it, live it, believe it, scribble in it, memorize it, trust it. I thought if I put some fabric on it, it would make me want to bring it out more and I was right. Just looking at it makes me happy, but then when I really start using it, WOW!
You've probably guessed it by now, but just in case...
** Open to one of my favorite passages-Proverbs 31. I think of my Mamaw every time I read it. She was THE Proverbs 31 woman-something I am aspiring to be.
I don't think I have told you, but my Bible Study group is doing Beth Moore's Believing God study. It's really amazing the number of OOHHH! moments I have had and we are only on session 2 of 10.
The premise is that there is a difference in believing IN God and BELIEVING God. Believing IN God is believing he exists basically. But, BELIEVING Him is actually presently believing He IS who He says He is and can do what He says He can do.
One of the things Beth said today that really stuck out to me was that we don't have to know the why of everything. {How hard is that for a woman-to not know why?} But, believing the loving, kind, good God that we know, we have faith that He is taking care of it all, and has a plan for us. And, the amount of faith we have will be the amount of power God has in us. According to 1 Peter 1:7, 'faith has a greater worth than gold...may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.'
Isn't that powerful-that FAITH is worth more than gold? Y'all know what gold is going for these days. What you sell it for at the gold parties is only a fraction of what it is actually worth. But, that our faith can be worth more than that? And if we increase our faith-just imagine what God can do with us and for us!
God is so awesome!
So, I am loving my new Bible Cover! Not just because of what it looks like on the outside (although it really does make me smile). But, also for what it says on the inside, which is the real reason I am happy.


6 comments:
Kera, how cute!! And I Iove all your thoughts. Thanks for sharing. By the way, your comments totally crack me up!!! ( on the paigeandbrooke blog)
Awh, I LOVE that bible cover, its too cute!!
That is too cute! Are you trying to make all of us Bible Study girls jealous with your cute Bible cover? Yeah, I think it just might work =)
I noticed it at Bible study today and thought it was adorable! Of course, I knew you probably made it because you're crafty like that :)
Love the Bible cover! That really is cute. Thanks for your words, too, that you shared. So true. Can't wait for our trip in April. :)
great idea!!
Post a Comment