Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Birthday Boy


Here he is y'all! My 2 year-old. The Toddler. My sweet baby boy that is no longer considered a baby. See that little drip of spit hanging off his chin? I am still considering him a baby until he no longer drools on my floors.  See those long eye lashes and blue eyes? They get me every time, y'all! And I can't help it! And he knows it. But what you can't see are his big dimples, the ones he shows mommy-especially when he is in trouble. It is so hard to keep a stern face when he does that.
And WB tells me I need to get a grip. {He's just jealous!}

We had to postpone the birthday party because I would have felt really bad if someone hit a patch of ice on the way. But, luckily he was too young to notice. And Sister was excited about having a birthday, 'just us, no friends' {only because I hyped that up, not that she doesn't like friends}.


But, we had our birthday Banana Pudding and sang Happy Birthday to one excited little boy. 
Why, Yes, that is a 2 in the meringue of the banana pudding. Glad you noticed! I happen to be a meringue expert these days.
Look how happy that sweet thang is!!

So, at 2 Buddy is:
  • talking up a storm and putting 2 word sentences together. His favorites are 'Where Dadee?' 'Where Sissy?' 'Uv EE' (love you) and also 'No, Mys'
  • jabbering sentences and the last word is usually the only thing we can understand. Most sentences end with moo, brm (tractor or car), nunch (lunch, or any meal), or Sissy.
  • loving all tractors, and any cars from the Cars movie. He walks around with McQueen, Strip Weathers and Chick Hicks along with Bebe. And he is usually trying to carry a tractor as well. All of this is shoved under his chin because he is afraid Sister will try to take it from him.
  • sleeping so good in his big boy bed. Every morning there are a lot more toys in the bed than what was there the night before! I think he likes it.
  • trying a lot more food! It is still a little hit or miss, but he has eaten meatloaf and taco meat in the last week. And, peanut butter and jelly, but not the bread. He just opens the sandwich up and licks it off of the bread. We only have those on bath night!
  • so sweet to his sister, but can definitely play without her too. There is some fussing going on, don't get me wrong, but overall they are the best of friends! He doesn't like her to be put in the corner and tries to bring her toys and give her hugs when she is there.
  • still a little snuggle boy! I LOVE that!! He loves hugs and kisses and loves to cuddle.
  • is going through a bout of separation anxiety right now. He has always loved Bible Class and nursery, but over the last month, he has started crying when I drop him off.  And he doesn't like it when I hold other kids from his class. I can hold my friend's babies and Sister, but not kids in his class from church. Boys love their mommas!
  • just now showing his temper. He has been Mr. Laid-back Easy-peasy, but now has developed a little bit of 2 year old attitude. It's still not bad, but for him, it's different.
  • But, he is the best little boy around and I love him so much!!
So, Happy Birthday Buddy! Please don't grow too fast this year!
I'll post pics of his cowboy party once we have it~

2 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I can't believe he is 2 already! Where is the time going? He is a cutie! :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday little man! Glad you survived it :)